NC for three weeks and then....

OK, so, I have had no contact with the ex for three weeks and I have been fine. Actually loving life. Dating around, going out with friends, etc. But today, I received some urgent financial news that I needed to get some stuff from her place (she has been really good about keeping my stuff until I feel I can get it). But, now, I had to call her and I have to see her tomorrow and I am starting to feel anxious and stuff again. How can I not make an idiot out of myself tomorrow? And did I mess stuff up by breaking NC?

Just be cool, polite, and grateful she kept your possessions intact. Get in and out.

If you needed these possessions or documents for financial reasons, then how could you have possibly screwed up by contacting her? Its not like you were contacting her to get her back, you only want your stuff.

Just brush it off. If she wants to be cold and act childish, let her. You sound like you're doing just fine without her. Just be yourself when you go to get your stuff, and don't let her drag you into any 'talks' and don't let her behaviour affect you in any obvious way. As the above poster said, just get there, get your stuff, and leave. Simple as that. Good luck, and stay strong.

A lot of times .. people will put on an act to make themselves feel better, and save face. She may act cold and harsh when she talks to you, but may just be an act .. Just brush it off, and get your stuff, be nice, polite, and keep all conversations brief. good luck

I'm going to agree with Riles on this one. I know whenever my ex calls, it takes me so off guard that all of my feelings for him come flying at me and even though my feelings are bad ones, I know I sometime come off sounding cold just to protect myself.

Just be cool and brush it off.