volunteering at preschool? Letter

I want to do au pairing next year, you are required to have childcare experience, I have none, I originally thought about working in the childcare dep at my work (I work in a hotel) but since I have no experience I doubt I'd get it and it would be pretty bad getting rejected when I work there. So I thought about volunteering instead, my dad asked a lady that works in the local preschool about it and she said if need to write a letter, what should I include in the letter??

I was thinking, say how I'm passionate about working with children, need the experience, what else? Should I get a reference? Should I tell them about the au pairing?

I want to do au pairing next year, you are required to have childcare experience, I have none, I originally thought about working in the childcare dep at my work (I work in a hotel) but since I have no experience I doubt I'd get it and it would be pretty bad getting rejected when I work there. So I thought about volunteering instead, my dad asked a lady that works in the local preschool about it and she said if need to write a letter, what should I include in the letter??

I was thinking, say how I'm passionate about working with children, need the experience, what else? Should I get a reference? Should I tell them about the au pairing?

yes put all of that ..say you are looking to broaden your experience and learn as much as you can and would like the chance to volunteer in the pre school .. and yes mention what your future plans are ..

How exactly is volunteering with children not childcare experience? I've checked on a bunch of au pairing websites, none of them say it has to be a job as such, as long as you are looking after children it's acceptable. How is it a fake letter? You aren't making any sense, I'm not saying I'm just going to write a letter, as in I'll write the letter and hopefully get to volunteer, didn't think that was a difficult concept to understand but maybe it is for you

Your post was all about what the letter should say but that you have not even volunteered yet. Why do you want to do this job?

Are you looking to travel? What about being a foreign housekeeper? Then you can fill your dream of working abroad for free room and board, without all these requirements

I've checked on a bunch of au pairing websites, none of them say it has to be a job as such, as long as you are looking after children it's acceptable.

Far be it from me to tell someone what to pursue and what not to, but in a career field filled with women who have children or have raised children of their own, and said women generally being much less demanding of pay and conditions due to coming from less advantaged counties, what do you think playing arts and crafts with preschoolers will bring to the table with regard to competitiveness?

Do you have a degree in early childhood development? Sans real experience being responsible for children, education and certifications are going to have to be your ticket in.

Feel free to volunteer and try your hand, but i think you're hugely underestimating the qualifications and expectations of the profession. I'm assuming you're more or less trying to do it as a means to travel comfortably when for most women doing it, it's a livelihood.

Have you thought about getting a CDA( Child Development Associate)? This is a less expensive option than a two year associates degree and bachelors degree. You could get them online. You would want to see if it would apply to your state or province.

Also, anyone who works with the children at my workplace is required to have three criminal background checks on them. This is required every other year of employment. Some places require drug testing.

Also I would strongly encourage you to take a Pediatric CPR/First Aid course. Also take some online childcare training courses to show that you are highly interested in children and their development. You will get a certificate at the end that you can show to the person.

Good luck!

Why do you want to be an au pair? What is appeals to you about it?

Start with these questions, write out your answers here and you'll start putting together a draft before you know it.

Archived