Got into a new relationship

Lotusavx

I have been seeing and dating this guy for 1 month. He asked me to be his girlfriend the other day, and I said yes. He calls me and we text usually through out the day as we both have weird schedules and don't see each other often, maybe 2-3 times a week. When we're together, he's so happy that we're together. When we are just texting or on the phone, he doesn't sound happy to hear from me. I understand people withdraw due to things like work/stress. I haven't asked him if there is anything wrong, because I don't want to seem insecure like I think there might be something wrong with us. How should I act towards him when he is like this?

I have been seeing and dating this guy for 1 month. He asked me to be his girlfriend the other day, and I said yes. He calls me and we text usually through out the day as we both have weird schedules and don't see each other often, maybe 2-3 times a week. When we're together, he's so happy that we're together. When we are just texting or on the phone, he doesn't sound happy to hear from me. I understand people withdraw due to things like work/stress. I haven't asked him if there is anything wrong, because I don't want to seem insecure like I think there might be something wrong with us. How should I act towards him when he is like this?

Lotus, I'm not sure why the two of you decided to get together after (1) one month? Questions and awkward conversations like this are often cleared up and handled through time and getting to know the person. The last thing you really want to do is get into a relationship where you're already feeling uneasy, insecure, and/or like you're walking on eggshells with someone you don't know too much about.

Sounds as though the only problem here is the one you're creating in your own mind. Lots of people are not phone or text people. Continue to see him and enjoy your time together, and when you're not with him, invest in other areas of your life. Then you won't be so preoccupied with projecting a lack of interest into text messages.

Archived