Dating and Sex: Double Standard

There's another common saying that just happens to be true: "love happens when you least expect it."

Isn't that what I'm asking women to do?

Yeah, like I said, sorry if I didn't feel like going through the whole post and picking up on all the plots going through it. I just don't think that it's women that have to do this, its men to. The mere fact that you perceive such a double standard and defend its existence just continues this same standard that you are against. To really change something you have to start with yourself. Don't think its a numbers game, that attitude is just making you think you have to ask out all kinds of girls and you'll end up continuing the double standard on your own.

UNLESS YOU BELIEVE IN GOD OR FATE THEN THE CHANCES OF FINDING A PARTNER IS BASED PURELY ON PROBABILITY

I believe in God, but a God that doesn't interfere in things like that. I also believe that fate and destiny are things we create, not something that happens to us. Yet I still don't think its a matter of probability. It's a matter of finding the right person which could happen at any time.

Of course it matters how many times you're rejected!! What are you a robot! Humans have feelings, we need to feel good about ourselves to be confident and if you've been rejected 200 times you're going to feel like s**t and that will affect your life

Um, I've faced rejection after rejection in my life. I know full well how much it hurts. And when it comes to relationships I've hurt more because I never even had the guts to put myself out there until last month. In essense, I was rejecting myself and assuming that girls would reject me. Few people have ever really understood me, I've faced oodles of rejection. I've felt down and defeated, like giving up on everything. But I decided to use that as motivation. Not give up. Continue with the same ideas I've always had, knowing that I'm better off for them and that in the end I can thank everyone who ever told me my ideas wouldn't work out.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, fair enough. I think I'm going to retire from this particular thread now. I'm fed up with relationships and I've not even had one! Perhaps I should concentrate on other positive things. I stand by everything I've said, but to be drawn into thinking about these things too much isn't healthy. See you on the other threads people!