One week NC - So numb, sad and confused.

We broke up in July of 2015. We went NC for several months and we saw each other around Christmas time. We didn’t discuss what went wrong and moved swiftly back into a relationship that was not defined. It was a struggle and recently he broke it off completely. It has officially been one week and we have been NC since then. I have had nothing but time to dwell on what went wrong while missing what went well for us. I got rid of all physical reminders of him. I went full NC and even blocked him from calling or texting (not that he was). I am trying to do all I can to recover and move forward.

Does anyone have any advice? I know time will help but before time does is there anything I can do to deal with this in healthy way? I spent the weekend on my couch watching Netflix. I ordered food and had it delivered. I know that wasn’t the healthiest way to handle things but I think I needed that more than I needed to be with others. It was just my dog and me.

I have a good support system and all who are in it know what I am going through. I have one friend in particular who went the same thing and she ended up getting back together with her ex. I am just so numb and sad. I guess a part of me does wish he would realize what he is missing out on and come back to me. The other parts of me are pretty certain that won’t happen. Either way it hurts. I am just looking for some insight from you all. Maybe some support…

Just chilling is fine. Rest assured you left no stone unturned, therefore this ending will set you free without any "what ifs?"

We broke up in July of 2015. We didn’t discuss what went wrong and moved swiftly back into a relationship that was not defined. It was a struggle and recently he broke it off completely.

I am dealing with the same .... broke up a few times got back together.... currently been NC since end of december(I caught a text from ex on her phone ... she wouldnt show me left my house gave some bs reason why she texted him) I never responded to the reason she gave.... and I never heard from her again save for some Facebook messenger missed call and other dumb stuff.... its hard because I miss the good parts but know she has to come to me and I don't know if it will even matter because I dont think she can be trusted again.... shes 23 I am 38 so I am also dealing with different places in life and maturity levels.... we were together 2.5 years.... hang in there I know this that people don't deserve to feel this way and breaking NC when you know they need to come forward first is too risky and will only set you back If they realize it they will come if not then thats why its good to be always working on you so either way you are progressing

We broke up in July of 2015. We went NC for several months and we saw each other around Christmas time. We didn’t discuss what went wrong and moved swiftly back into a relationship that was not defined. It was a struggle and recently he broke it off completely. It has officially been one week and we have been NC since then. I have had nothing but time to dwell on what went wrong while missing what went well for us. I got rid of all physical reminders of him. I went full NC and even blocked him from calling or texting (not that he was). I am trying to do all I can to recover and move forward.

Does anyone have any advice? I know time will help but before time does is there anything I can do to deal with this in healthy way? I spent the weekend on my couch watching Netflix. I ordered food and had it delivered. I know that wasn’t the healthiest way to handle things but I think I needed that more than I needed to be with others. It was just my dog and me.

I have a good support system and all who are in it know what I am going through. I have one friend in particular who went the same thing and she ended up getting back together with her ex. I am just so numb and sad. I guess a part of me does wish he would realize what he is missing out on and come back to me. The other parts of me are pretty certain that won’t happen. Either way it hurts. I am just looking for some insight from you all. Maybe some support…

You should have left it altogether back in July 2015, you've prolonged the agony really. I was finished with by my ex of ten years a year ago, and I went total no contact and blocked her on social media, email, phone, everything. Man, it hurt, it really did. All I wanted was to get back to the happy confident person I was before she dragged me down with her insecurities and anxieties, and I'm getting there.

You need to block him EVERYWHERE. You need to kill that hope that when the phone rings, it'll be him, because it'll wreck you. If he has anything worthwhile to say, he knows where you live. Lean on your friends, make them aware you need support if they don't know it already. Go out with them, it's important to get out and about again. Take up a hobbie, work out, structure your life. Do things you've never done before.

Just get out and about and off the sofa, at least you have your dog! What sort of dog is it?

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Back in July when we broke up I wanted nothing but a second chance to get things right. Now I just want to find myself again and somehow learn to be happy.

Our relationship lacked trust from both ends. He is in full on depression and drinks and smokes pot to get away from it. I am dealing with things sober. I know him and I are in two different worlds...its bee na long time sine he made me feel loved and accepted.

I am crushed. I am numb. I am hurting.

My dog is a mix...not sure of what breed(s) she is. She is about 15 lbs. and is as cute as cute can be. She is always happy and seems to take on my moods. She is a great companion with her unconditional love.

Archived