I can't find a happy medium, am I being too picky?

Person1001

I miss being in a relationship. It has been about 1/2 a year since I broke off my 1st serious relationship. I have gone on a few 1st dates and the guys boil down to 2 categories, only wanting to fool around or being very clingy (not picking up on the fact that I am not interested). The last guy I met didn't want anything to do w/me as soon as he found out I don't sleep around. Am being too picky or have I not found someone that is on the same page as me?

I miss being in a relationship. It has been about 1/2 a year since I broke off my 1st serious relationship. I have gone on a few 1st dates and the guys boil down to 2 categories, only wanting to fool around or being very clingy (not picking up on the fact that I am not interested). The last guy I met didn't want anything to do w/me as soon as he found out I don't sleep around. Am being too picky or have I not found someone that is on the same page as me?

It takes time.

You will meet someone.

PROTIPS:

1. No first dates involving alcohol

2. Don't meet later than 5:00pm

Boom, you've instantly filtered out like 95% of guys looking for a lay.

But really, if you're getting restless after being single just 6 months, I'd focus on learning to be happy on your own. If you're getting frustrated while dating, you're trying too hard.

I actually am not just seeking guys, as I am doing activities, I happen upon these guys. I actually wouldn't mind just hanging out w/a guy, even if a relationship is not what he wants. Of course having a friendship w/a guy who is clingy is not possible as he will be jealous and the other type just cut me off.

I do both though, lets say the guy is not compatible as a bf, then I just want to be friends.

You missed the point, THEY are not looking for friendship. If you want friends, you should meet people who have no romantic interest in you and you them. Otherwise there's always going to be a hidden / ulterior motive in the friendship (if one forms at all).

Do NOT be on 'dating sites' to meet friends.

Nothing wrong with being picky! I've been on dating site over 2 yrs. had a short term involvement... so good luck!

Go join some sports league.. baseball, volleyball, etc. You'll meet other men there who are NOT looking for a quick lay.

I am on Vball team and have met up with a few nice men! ( friends only).

Archived