Do you think i can get my boyfriends family to like me more by acting innocent?

Cutietootie

My relationship with my boyfriend is great but his family can be a little weird and intimidating. He lives with them so whenever I go over I act super nice, cheerful and naive. They're easy to piss off but if i seem sweet, ditzy and childlike maybe i could be harder to get mad at. I also act like i believe I'm way more loved by them than i actually am. I feel like that makes me seem cute and vulnerable. Do you think my boyfriend might see me like that and think it's attractive. Plus if a situation ever happened that i didn't start he would probably choose to side with me over them because i would be cute and innocent. Maybe his family will even like me more if they see me as kind hearted but so naive i believe they love me when they don't.

Btw i don't completely change my personality. I just act a little more clueless.

Do you think this can work? It hasn't been long enough for me to know for sure. Thoughts?

Work? What do you mean by work?

If you're thinking someday you might marry your boyfriend, then I'd suggest you drop the games and the trying to be what you think they want you to be and just be yourself. You're setting yourself up for a life of pretending to be someone other than yourself just to make people that are relatively peripheral to your actual life happy. Life's too short to dance around trying to please people that you already think don't like you.

Me personally, I didn't play the buddy-up game with my wife's family when I first started coming around. Either they like me or they don't. I'm not there to date them, I'm dating their daughter. I didn't carry myself like a butthole, but at the sametime, I'm going to be myself and not be fearful around anyone to pass over as a "good catch." No-no-no....

....Once I need YOU to define ME....I'm in trouble.

Archived