So he wants you to show him your stroke?

I love swimming too, and I'm pretty good at it. But really, he is asking for your company. If he wanted to learn techniques, there is an abundance of easy ways to do that. Swim classes, what have you.

Sounds like a nondate taster date to me. And nothing wrong with you going for that, you are single, you find him attractive, could be fun.

But yeah, it's not just a workout. If it were, you wouldn't even be asking. It's a potential interest who sparked some time with you, in swimsuits woohoo!

So he wants you to show him your stroke?

I love swimming too, and I'm pretty good at it. But really, he is asking for your company. If he wanted to learn techniques, there is an abundance of easy ways to do that. Swim classes, what have you.

Sounds like a nondate taster date to me. And nothing wrong with you going for that, you are single, you find him attractive, could be fun.

But yeah, it's not just a workout. If it were, you wouldn't even be asking. It's a potential interest who sparked some time with you, in swimsuits woohoo!

I agree 100%, my only concern for OP is "is she ready/completely healed" as she pointed out she recently broke up.

If she is, go ahead, but do NOT think of this as friendship. Ohh hell no.

I agree 100%, my only concern for OP is "is she ready/completely healed" as she pointed out she recently broke up.

If she is, go ahead, but do NOT think of this as friendship. Ohh hell no.

Yeah, I tend to agree. Friendship is friendship, this is 'we are friends and there is attraction, so we can hang out as friends without having to call it a date!". Some people like that ambiguity though. I don't personally, but hey, I'm not OP.

Oh, yeah swimming would be an exception. I'm not a swimmer and I think if I knew anyone who could teach me whatever I need to know for say a triathlon. I would have no problem asking anyone because it's about technique of a certain stroke.

Yeah just see what happens. I very well could be that you're the only person he knows who is a "swimmer." Hey if nothing else maybe this will get you back on that gym wagon.

It's funny, when I was reading the original post I had a strong feeling that OP was a female & X was a male. So much that I actually checked again for pronouns when others asked.

In your original post, it seems that you are purposefully saying very general statements about him that don't have any telltale signs he is looking for more than just a "gym buddy". There must be some reason that you have this sense or else you wouldn't have asked. I would give that sense more weight than any thoughts we give based on your original post. If that's the feeling you are getting you are probably right.

Also like LoveSoDeep said, how many guys really ask girls for tips at the gym? Males and females often (but not always) work out very differently. And besides, another guy will generally be able to gauge what weight level he can handle better than you can because they have a more similar physiologic structure to each other than you do to him. I could give my female friends an idea of how much weight to start with on a bench press based off of what I can do. But a guy? No clue. If he has other male friends that go to the gym you might wonder why he asked you instead of them, unless you have experience as a trainer.

Archived