Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Changed name,but old name still shows up in Google search

Dottieflanogon

Someone that I know found my user name in psych forums .Basically they Googled my user name ,which directed them to my account and threads. I decided to change my user name 5 days ago so they cant follow me anymore. However, today I Googled my old user name just to see if my post will still show up on Google search ,if they look me up again. Unfortunately my new account still have connections to the old posts...everything is still linked together. Obviously they'll know my new name too (as it will show in the Google search).

How long does it take for Google to clear cache? Am I better off requesting my account on that site to be Deactivated so I can start a new account with a new screen name? I am no longer comfortable posting personal and depressing threads without being anonymous

I checked the forum rules and I didn't see anything regarding requesting a new account. On the hand , they can deactivate an account per request but your post will remain, just like most forum.I just wanted to be able to continue posting without my old account connected to the new one.

I will Pm the site Admin and see what they say

• 2 months later...

Archived