Okay, so my bf and I broke up almost 2 weeks ago because he isn't ready to commit. However, 2 nights ago I drunk texted him and he ended up at my house and claimed that I should just move on, but something tells me that's not what he really wants. He always been the type to not show his true emotions, and when were together he's so loving and just amazing. So his birthday is on the 19th, and I don't know whether or not to get him a gift and take him out...mind you, my birthday is 2 days later. So my question is, should I take him out and celebrate his birthday for him like this if were still in the "fixing" stage of our relationship? Also, I'm still in the process of having him court me again, so much has died in our relationship so I don't know if this is the best move.

He told you to move on. Stop trying to find a way for that to NOT be true.

You have broken up. He has told you to move on after you drunk texted him.

DO NOT celebrate his birthdate. DO NOT expect him to celebrate yours. You are not "fixing" anything. You have broken up.

You are not listening to what he is saying to you OP. Listen, he does not want to be in a relationship. It's over.

It's time to start healing. No contact, block him and ignore him.

Remember, ANY contact = reset of your healing time.

In time, you will feel better and be ready for a new relationship. No contact with ANY opposite sex during healing time.

If you don't do this right, you will only set up yourself for failure

Archived