Ok... so I'm 16 now... and finally allowed to date, so I'm being sorta picky. Myself, I am picky. I like things my way, and if it isnt, go away... Thing is, I am attracted to weird guys. Like the ones that no one else is interested in, and they seem to mostly be quiet when I'm mostly loud. Now.. I have a crush on this kid from my school, you know, a little school girl crush. He is almost 18, and is adorable, but is VERY unique. He listens to funny music, dresses weird, and dates the classic way.. So.. how exactly do I get his attention and ask him out??

Make eye contact, smile at him, say hi, if you don't talk to him regularly. Do it for a day or a few days, then stop for a few days. See if he says hi when you stop. If he does, I bet he begins looking for a chance to have a conversation.

The conversations you begin with, talk to him about something you enjoy that you know he likes. Learn about what some of his weird music is, then ask him about it. Keep you eyes looking at his face when he talks, mostly around his eyes. Lock onto those eyes as he finished a thought and is going to give you a chance to speak. Be silent for a second as you look right at his eyes, then talk.

You end the conversations, if you can. Tell him you like, enjoy or have fun talking to him. See if he comes looking for you in a day or so.

Repeat the process turning it on and off. Sometimes lots of eye contact and attention. Others give him very little.

read up on boady language because you should be lookign for his reactions and want to see what those signals mean. You need not jsut to see one or two signals, but clusters of three of four clsoe togehter in time and you want to see multiple clusters while you talk to him. If the signs are good, flirt.

Well, as someone who is a "weird guy" myself I have to say that the best thing to do is just be yourself. Tell him hi and try to start a conversation. See what kinds of things he is into and find something you have in common with him. He'll probably be flattered by the attention. Keep talking to him and if things are going well, ask him to hang out some time. The important thing is too be yourself, if something happens between the two of you then you want it to be because you really relate to each other. And just because he's unique and does things differently, doesn't mean his dress is "weird" or his music "funny." It's just part of who he is. Plus, if he dates the classic way, that's a good sign.

Thing is, I am attracted to weird guys...they seem mostly quiet when I'm mostly loud... VERY unique. He listens to funny music, dresses weird, and dates the classic way

intersting. he seems somewhat the bohemian -- the romantic artistic type.

would you describe yourself as "normal": dress like your friends, share the same musical tastes, etc? it could well be that he [weird guys ingeneral] represent (subconsciously) something that you've always avoided (because it's not popular just, you know, weird"), but it's within you, under the surface. it's not a new idea..

what is imporant to realise is that perhaps you could investigate some of his intersts yourself; away from the comments of your friends. e.g. find out what music he likes (types/styles) and listen too it. don't tink be too quick to dismiss it (unless you find the content/feel really disturbs you; not just makes you feel a bit uncomfortable/unfamiliar trust your insincts on that). try other things as well: authors, food, etc. look beyound Cleo, cosmopolitan, or what ever magazines you read.

possibly you might not like his interests entirely (don't expect to be a carbon copy oof his likes), but you might find ideas and books and music and food and art on the way that you like. your friends might turn their nose up at you; they might not. don't ket go of everything you know at present, straight away. if you like somethig keep it. if you have it just because it's popular, admit you probably didn't like it anyway. an all of this you might find that your circle of interests is really much broader than you ever imagined.

another aspect is that these guys have qualities that you admire, but you're just not famialr with. e.g. reading intellectual ideas for pleasure. he's romatic, passionate even, but not smulchy, intelligent, but not a nerd, creative, imaginative, quite whilst you're loud. he could bring alot of balance and excitement into your life; kindle passions you never new existed. helping you to learn new things about yourself (like maybe learning how to be quieter. there is valuable in that).

there could be costs. loosing friends and popularity, for example. how many weird guys make it to be class president, or are invited to "the best parties"? not many. but does that count for anythig if you have a meaningful and exciting life. perhaps. it's your call.

one more thing: take your time. he's probably in no rush. he could also be a bit anxious. allow him that