Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

benign tumour in my brain

sara-pezzini

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww that's nice!

I'm back in Holland! Also happy to be in my own house and have my own stuff around me!

Tired as well, just took a nap....even had to take a nap on Sunday when i was in Sweden, damn meds!

But at least i was painfree! Yay!!!!!!!!

Even ate a hamburger!!! Like you're supposed to eat a hamburger and it was great! No pain and the best burger i ever ate!

Though I'm glad to be home i do miss my cute niece so much! She is so very adorable!

She speaks English now and she tries so much as well, she only spoke English to us and you can really understand her, so cute!

She and i were playing a lot and she loved that and she gave me such big hugs and kisses each time.

Later on she also teased me a lot and had so much fun with that, and each time she'd say, i kid you, i kid you! Awwww!so funny and so cute.....

I said do you kid everyone?

No of all people i kid you! Hahaha

So i said sarcasticly well thank you, and she went, why you thanking me? Haha

She knows I'm her daddy's big sister and she said her daddy talks Swedish but not all Swedish cause he's not from this land, she and mommy talk all Swedish and daddy a lot Swedish but not all the words haha

She asked me my favorite color, it's pink btw and my kitchen is pink. I made it pink last summer.

She's been to my house for the last time just after my radiation and she loved the kitchen and was so excited then.

So i asked her if she remembered my house and she was thinking, and i said she was in my house and the kitchen is pink.

She was really thinking and trying to remember and then her face lit up and she said yes it is so beautiful! Haha

She's 5 so i think she's very smart for her age!

And so sweet as well, because while she likes to "kid" me, we were walking outside and got into the park with a pretty step hill we had to get down to and it had been raining and i was dizzy, she ran down of course like kids do, me and my mom hesitated, my mom managed but i couldn't cause i was so dizzy.

She ran back up, took my hand and slowly guided me down!

How adorable!

It's my birthday today, that just isn't as much fun as it used to.....turning 44 now. Ugh! I remember how excited i was as a child but now, meh....

Also don't celebrate it, parents come in a little bit and one friend comes tonight...

But no pain! Woohoo that is something to celebrate!

R is on holiday and doesn't know it's my birthday so that's too bad...

I kind of miss him but it's also good to be out of that excitement and high and see what's left, see how we both feel....

We saw each other every workday and were in touch almost every day, now we're not and i seem to think that's fine too....now i can think about how i feel....

my phone died today!!!!!!!!!!!!

it will not start back up again.......took it for repair and i am so scared that they cannot fix it without losing everything on it...

my whole life is in that phone!!!!!!!!! thousands of pics, all the phonenumbers, thousands of whatsapp message conversations that i would feel awful if i lost them.....

some people who i cannot even reach cause i don't know their numbers and have not written them down....

on my birthday so i cannot get my birthdaywishes either...

what a joke!

pics of my niece, pics of R!!!!!!!!!!! CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my phone isreally dead, the store couldn't fix it...... so now i am using an old phone,and turns out i lost all my photos, all my whatsapp chats, and all myphonenumbers as well!!!!

i was veryupset about that! got back most numbers but i still didn't have R's number, soi mailed him, he's on vacation now, i told him what happened and asked if hewould whatsapp me is he read the mail, immediately he apped me hahaha, wemessaged a bit, asked him how it was over there and he asked about Sweden, itold him i was pretty upset about losing my chats and my photos and i named afew of the ones he send as a joke, he then send me pics of hwat he was doingand a SELFIE!!! he send me a freaking selfie!!! he knew i was upset aboutlosing pics of him as well.....so yeah...losing my phone,,,puh who cares...igot a selfie!!!!! LOL butterflies.....i'm 16 again.......hahaha

later i saw he had also mailed me before apping and he had mailed me his phonenumber.....

and has been sending me photos ever since....

he's adorable hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

thank you! i've considered the 3 options and i'm leaning towards the janetta surgery, has the best result longterm then the others but it is major surgery.......in my brain.....yikes!!!!!! the gamma knife i would do again in a heartbeat but that has the worst results and it starts working after 3 to 6 months, wow! so yeah......scary stuff!!!!

read many stories about the janetta/ MVD and a lot of them are positive, even read stories of people being pain free for 12 years!! that sounds like a dream!! it's a lot to take in, so will discuss it with my parents first when they come back from their holiday, meanwhile the pain is a little less today!!! and the temperature has dropped 10 degrees! last few days it was extremely hot and my TN reacts to that, so thank god it seems to be going away again ,knock on wood!

spoke to my mom while she was on her holiday, and i have decided to go for the surgery! scary as hell though!! now call the doctor this week to get the ball rolling and hopefully i am a good candidate for it....i think so.....and hopefully i can choose my own date again, cause i want it done in january.....for my own reasons....they have a wait list anyways....and have to come in for a talk first so it will not be before then even if i did want it...

i am scared however!

i told my manager this week , and i told my old manager as well, he is the one who's wife also has a benign brain tumor......he was so very supportive, told me i am doing the right thing and that there is nothing to be scared about and it will all be fine....

so sweet!he really made me feel better....and didn't even think about work and that i would be absent a longer period of time again.....

Archived