Insecure about him and his family

So many posters here have strongly advised you to seek counselling. It's as though you haven't taken that in. If you go off with your children, you may find legal issues arising you hadn't counted on. Yes, there is something very wrong with your thought processing at the present time. If you go get a good counsellor ASAP and put in work, your marriage MIGHT have a chance. If you keep going the way you are, he is going to end up HATING you.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your husband spending time with his family is not the problem. There is a much larger underlying issue, this is just the topic your brain has settled on to express that issue.

From what I can tell you feel neglected and very insecure. The solution to that is to talk, calmly and rationally to your husband about it and, let me make this very clear GET THERAPY. So, how do you talk to your husband about this?

Good Way: "I really wan to spend more time together. I feel like we hardly see each other and I miss our time together."

Bad Way: "Why are you doing so much for your family? What's wrong with you?"

Saying that you want to change is very different from taking steps to change. You need to get therapy, read some self-help books, something.

If you feel you don't have the time or money for traditional therapy, since everyone else has answered this as I would have, please get an account with TalkSpace.

Its an app for therapy, where you are able to text to your "room" session anytime something comes up you need to communicate with your therapist. They respond, typically more in the AM or Evening, but also throughout the day.

The reason I say this is beacsue your first two pages of responses remind me of the way my ex treated me. It was pure psychological and emotional abuse. And it has really screwed me up mentally. You need to get help.

Archived