This month marks 12 yrs on POF and never met one girl

iwishiknew

This month I have been on POF for 12 yrs and I never met one girl. This is the longest dating website I have been on because it is free for the basic. But now there are some upgrades you got for pay for which is BS. I can't believe I have been on this website this long and never met one girl yet. I don't go on there a lot as I did in the past. I always look at the girls who viewed my profile and I can't believe they have no interest in me, even a few fat girls viewed my profile and not interested in me. Back then I sent out several messages to a lot of girls who all share the same exact interests as me and none of them responded back. It is always "read and delete" The types of girls I sent messages to were a mix of races from attractive, average, and below average. I just wanted to get a response back so I can get to know a girl and hopefully go out on my first date. Once in awhile now I will go on there and if I see a girl who shares the same interests as me, I will send them a message but I know I will not get a response back. Has anyone here been on a dating website for such a long time and never met anyone?

I've never used a dating site so I can't comment on your specific question.

But... it seems to me that if you've been doing something for 12 years and it's not working then maybe you should change or stop.

Maybe your profile needs to change. Maybe you should change to another site (even one that you have to pay for) because what you're doing clearly ain't working.

Online dating does not work out for many. I have used POF for a little over 5 years, and never got much more than a few dates out of it.

I think you should consider other avenues outside of online dating. In my experience, I have used a variety of online dating sites (free and paid) and they never made any difference. The only thing that I lost was time, money and massive blows to my ego/confidence.

I went back and re-read some of your old posts and am amending my suggestion above.

Online dating can be incredibly shallow and difficult, even under the most ideal circumstances.

Given the challenges you have with your disease and the lack of dating success you've had thus far, maybe you should focus your attention elsewhere. Join some support groups and maybe a meet up or two. Find fulfillment in other areas of your life. When you're happy, relaxed and joyful, love tends to find YOU. At the very least, your life will be full even without a romantic partner.

Online dating isn't for everyone. Don't let it get you down about yourself.

Online dating does not work out for many. I have used POF for a little over 5 years, and never got much more than a few dates out of it.

I think you should consider other avenues outside of online dating. In my experience, I have used a variety of online dating sites (free and paid) and they never made any difference. The only thing that I lost was time, money and massive blows to my ego/confidence.

I decided to close my account today, its not worth my time anymore. It just sucks I been on that website for such a long time and never met 1 girl.

Archived