Passion and marriage

But it takes work....and desire to keep the flames burning. Make sure you don't sweep things under the carpet...and let negative feelings fester! Kills love and passion faster than anything. I feel the passion loses the intensity one has during the infatuation/honeymoon period...but there is still passion. LOVE....or the feelings of being in-love helps fuel that passion. Anytime there is discord...the passion wanes.

It is possible, but it's not constant. (Depends what you mean by 'long term' of course.)

I've been in 2 LT relationships of 12 plus years and the passion changed. It became a very deep love expressed during sex and where there was a profound sense of knowing each other and being one.

Occasionally after the first 4-5 years it would still be passionate, but mostly it was deeply intense.

Of course sex is like everything else in life, it's affected by your mood, the day, the environment and how relaxed you feel.

Is it possible to have a long term relationship or marriage and still have passion? This does relate to my marriage but i am curious if its really even possible. I saw someone say you have to choose chemistry or relationship. I never believed that before but now I wonder

I say most definitely, but it has to be worked on, or at least both parties need to be mindful of one another's needs. I don't believe it's necessarily just a straight up choice of chemistry or relationship, some couples are lucky to have both, however I feel much of the time, "chemistry" is generally that exciting honeymoon faze and then if it's meant to last it becomes something much deeper than that fun puppy love.

I think if you had passion and don't anymore that you can still regain that as a couple. Maybe one or both are bored? Small things irritating one another? who knows, it can be anything.

Just remember that you fell in love with one another for various reasons, and seeing those positive aspects of your partner rather than the other stuff is - in my opinion - the most important thing anyone can do to sustain passion in a relationship.

Archived