What Do YOU Do?

Interesting topic! I am in the Architectural industry. I currently having to choose between living in a small city where I like living but there are no jobs in my field or move to a bigger city several hours away to revive my career and do something worthy of my skills and experience. Kind of stuck. In the absence of any real career prospects locally, I have done everything from waitressing, census enumerator, slabjacking, retail, consulting. Every job has good and bad things about it.

I count beans, and help others become better bean counters, too. At the end of each year, all the beans we've earned plus all the beans we didn't spend are donated to those in need.

Although it wasn't the field I dreamed of, it has brought satisfaction to my life. I enjoy bringing order to chaos, and I enjoy being the umpire, so to speak, as we provide crucial information to decision-makers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a technician at a major urban hospital. I can't really give my official job title away and I technically hold 2 jobs at the time (with different duties and responsibilities), which is pretty odd for where I am. Basically though, I take care of patients, assist in procedures and tests, draw blood, sit with people who want to hurt themselves/others, wash/bathe/feed patients, chart, post mortem care, and I work in all areas of the hospital.

The other part of my job (the non-clinical) is billing, coding, scheduling and filling in holes, timekeeping for several areas, inventory access for the whole hospital, etc.

I work days, evenings, and nights. Oye. My job is tiring. I do for the experience before grad school.

Awww, that's awesome. My SO and I love animals and would love to open our own sanctuary one day.

I volunteer a lot at our local no-kill shelter (about 25-28 hours a month) and I love it. I look forward to the weekends not bc I have time off work but bc I get to see the dogs!

Busy lady, Fudgie!

Lol, I really am. I worked about 50 hours this past week. I sometimes think I don't get paid enough for what I do but the experience is so good, I can't imagine working anywhere else at this phase in my life. I get a lot of liberties and responsibilities and it's worth it even if I do stress sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

I hear you. I often hit that 50 hour mark, but it's worth it to work for a company with a ton of autonomy, flexibility, etc.

Lol, I really am. I worked about 50 hours this past week. I sometimes think I don't get paid enough for what I do but the experience is so good, I can't imagine working anywhere else at this phase in my life. I get a lot of liberties and responsibilities and it's worth it even if I do stress sometimes.

Archived