What do you do?

nol703

What do you do to keep your ex off your mind? seems like no matter what i do i cant stop thinking about her.

I have dreams of her that we get back or we have sex or something then i wake up and it feels like someone is stabbing me and the pain wont go away and i cant go back to sleep. afraid i am gonna dream of her.

some days i feel fine or ill be good for a while then all of a sudden hit me so hard. there are so many women in the world but why do i let this one affect me so damn much.

Workout, stay active, read, anything to keep you busy. BUT, you can't control the dreams. Only time takes care of that, often a lot of time.

I used to dream about my ex all the time. It hurts, a lot. But it begins to fade after a while. They peg average time to really heal after a significant relationship at 18 months. Some take less, some more

But that's about what it took me after my.13 year relationship ended.

I'm happy now 5 years out. But sometimes the dreams still come. They don't hurt like they once did though. More like a little bit of regret if I remember them when I wake up. Then it's off to my new life.

You'll get there. Be patient.

I'm in the same boat as you right now man. Broke up a little over 2 weeks ago and everything I do is just a reminder. I've been looking into meditation, I'm gonna try it out tonight when I get home from work.

Other than that I've been taking long walks with a buddy of mine and talking about anything but her. I also started watching the X-Files from the first episode on netflix when I'm home since we never watched it together so it provides some comfort.

I drank my ass off the first weekend and it didn't help in the least so I haven't gone that route since and it feels better. Try not to be alone to wallow in it too much is all I can say has helped at all these past few weeks, and exercise lets those endorphins free.

you don't mention how long you've been out of this relationship.

Ruminating is typical in the beginning and it lessons with time.

Get busy, distractions, friends, etc.

Patience.

i have been out of this relationship around 1 month give or take. it was a 5yr relationship

I wish heartbreak was like a Band-Aid - rip it off and, after the initial sting, the pain is gone and the wound is already starting to heal.

I, too, have dreams about him. Needless to say, I'm averaging 4 hours of sleep, on a good night. And I've eaten 3 meals in 3 weeks, mainly running on a few hundred calories a day, or less. Food and sleep have lost their appeal, as has most everything else. The world looks and tastes gray, bland and oppressive.

I hope you are able to find peace, some comfort and relief in other activities, things that help to keep your mind off of her, so your heart and mind are able to heal. Take care.

I wish I could offer you a short cut but there really isn't any.

Try not to run from it. Consider just sitting in the bad feelings for bit and letting them pass through you. Face it head on.

It might help to know that you aren't the first with a broken heart and you won't be the last. Pretty much everyone goes through this and survives.

I could have been here asking the same advise a couple months ago. .

Archived