Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6+

John John

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may be cursing myself, but I have only ever had cheap-o cases on my 6+ so far. I'm getting a Defender case eventually, but waiting for the prices to drop on Amazon. And I have dropped my phone quite a number of times, mostly from couch-height onto my hardwood floors - even facedown - and don't even have a scratch. I have a flimsy little plastic case (it looks like a old school Gameboy), and nothing protecting the screen. No damages, no scratches. Maybe they're just making them more sturdy now??

I may be cursing myself, but I have only ever had cheap-o cases on my 6+ so far. I'm getting a Defender case eventually, but waiting for the prices to drop on Amazon. And I have dropped my phone quite a number of times, mostly from couch-height onto my hardwood floors - even facedown - and don't even have a scratch. I have a flimsy little plastic case (it looks like a old school Gameboy), and nothing protecting the screen. No damages, no scratches. Maybe they're just making them more sturdy now??

I don't know, maybe it just depends on luck? I have a 5S, and it's definitely one of the better iPhone's based on peoples reviews. I usually don't spend more than $5 on a cheap-o case from china, lol.

Depends on the cheap case. Some are flimsy and others are really durable! I used to buy cheap cases but it was so hit or miss for me, I've stuck with Otterbox. I say if you can find a good cheap case that protects your phone, go for it!

So when I upgraded from the 4 to the 6, my data usage went INSANE. For the last 3 months my bills have had over $60 in data overage charges every month because I was using 6gs of data a month! So I turned off my data and was basically using my iPhone 6 like a fricken flip phone. My phone company said because "the screen is bigger" and because "it's faster"...it was using more data. Ummm.....right. Anyway, last month someone posted this for people that are bleeding data:

Settings~> general ~> background app refresh ~> and turn it off

And now I'm using next to nothing in data a month, and I can use my phone like a smart phone again! Yay!!

Anyway, thought I'd share. Check it out in your phone.

Omg, yes, that was a lifesaver for me. I don't have an iPhone but I have an iPad. I pay a straight $10/month for 1GB of data. Tmobile in the US does not count music screaming towards that data so I am able to stream Spotify all I want, especially in the car. But 1GB of data is not much for anything else. I just want to conserve it for when I really need it. So I turned off all background app updates and I'm good now.

My iPhone 6 just got here...haven't opened it yet (won't until tomorrow, when my Defender arrives along with the screen protector), but damn, the regular 6 is bigger than I realized. Soooo glad I didn't get the 6+ at the moment. This size is honestly just right.

My iPhone 6 just got here...haven't opened it yet (won't until tomorrow, when my Defender arrives along with the screen protector), but damn, the regular 6 is bigger than I realized. Soooo glad I didn't get the 6+ at the moment. This size is honestly just right.

I agree. That's how I feel about the 6. Big enough, but not so stupid huge it can't fit in your pocket.

I agree. That's how I feel about the 6. Big enough, but not so stupid huge it can't fit in your pocket.

Yes. Even with the Otterbox Defender, the 6 is honestly the perfect size for me. I still can use it with one hand, and it fits in my pocket (even with the case) just fine. Perfect size.

At least now, I have time to adapt to the bigger screen since I"m coming up from the 5. When the iPhone 7 comes out (I imagine this year it will be the 6s), I'll be ready for a bigger screen lol

Archived