Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6+

John John

link removed Be careful with putting your new phone in your pocket

Yeah, I saw that too. Major bummer on what would have been a virtually perfect phablet. The only potential solutions I can think of are using a sturdy case (which would make it too big at that point, the 6+ is already borderline for me), or just don't put it in your pocket (during the winter months when wearing a coat, this really isn't an issue).

I'm pretty sure I'm still gonna get the 6+ though!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been reading reports about the "bendable" iPhone. I just wouldn't wear it with skintight jeans or...you know....try to bend it! From my understanding, the video showed a guy bending the phone with all of his brute strength. With most thin phones, not just the iPhone, if you bend it with all of your might, it WILL bend. >

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Did anyone on here get the 6+? I'm getting a new phone this weekend (my iPhone 5 is virtually dead), and still kinda torn between the 6 and the 6+. I've heard the battery life of the 6+ is much better. My roommate has the 6+, and my hands are barely big enough to use it with one hand, but I can do it...

I think the whole battery thing is subjective because everyone uses their phone for different things. Some people play and videos some talk a lot. Just go with the phone that feels best in your hands.

I've still got the 5S because my contract expires on November and I'm not willing to pay early exit fees lol. But having used a 6 and 6+ the 6 feels nicer and less like a mini tablet. If you're the type that carries your phone in your pocket and really would be bothered by the size of a 6+ go with the smaller 6.

My husband has the 6 and really likes it. He uses his phone a lot and charges every night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The battery is fine. Me though, mine is rarely below 70%. I work 9-6, then gym or whatever (leave it in my coat at the gym, would never keep it on me there) so I only play on the internet on it here and there and have some text conversations, but I've never been anywhere close to using it all in a day.

Cool. For the gym, I actually have an iPod nano that I use, since it's smaller to carry around in my gym shorts. But in general, i don't use my phones for much more than texting, music, and emailing, so I should probably be ok with the 6.

That being said, my roommate has the 6+, and I just held it in-hand again, and it's not too terribly big. My hands are medium sized I'd say, and I can still control it with on hand. So I'm still very torn...I guess I'll know which one I'm going with once Ive made the purchase lol. I recently made another huge life decision on a whim, and it turned out ok...so Im gonna go with it.

• 1 month later...
I just got the iPhone 6 yesterday. It still feels really big in my hands...I'm kinda worried about dropping it wow, so fast! And the battery lasts forever. I'm quite pleased

FINALLY got around to ordering my iPhone 6 yesterday! I was gonna wait for a newer model (iPhone 6s?), but my 5 dies on me so fast, that I need to upgrade now. I decided ultimately that the 6+, while very nice (and actually not as huge as I thought, since I've held my roommate's), is a little too big. My hands are medium sized (for a guy anyway), but even so, I think the 6 is just more convenient for everyday one-hand use. The regular 6 I think is the perfect size...bigger than the 5, but not crazily so. I also got the Otterbox case to protect it, it kept my 5 in perfect condition for the past 2.5 years.

Can't wait to finally get it

FINALLY got around to ordering my iPhone 6 yesterday! I was gonna wait for a newer model (iPhone 6s?), but my 5 dies on me so fast, that I need to upgrade now. I decided ultimately that the 6+, while very nice (and actually not as huge as I thought, since I've held my roomate's), is a little too big. My hands are medium sized (for a guy anyway), but even so, I think the 6 is just more convenient for everyday one-hand use. The regular 6 I think is the perfect size...bigger than the 5, but not crazily so. I also got the Otterbox case to protect it, it kept my 5 in perfect condition for the past 2.5 years.

Can't wait to finally get it

Yeah I have the Otterbox for my 6 too it's really nice, but the charger flap on mine is tarting to get some fingernail wear lol.

Yeah I have the Otterbox for my 6 too it's really nice, but the charger flap on mine is tarting to get some fingernail wear lol.

Did you get the otter box defender or commuter? I had the Defender for my iPhone 5, and while it's REALLY protective, it's kinda too big. I got the Commuter coming now for the 6, but I'm wondering if I should just get the Defender again for the extra protection...

Did you get the otter box defender or commuter? I had the Defender for my iPhone 5, and while it's REALLY protective, it's kinda too big. I got the Commuter coming now for the 6, but I'm wondering if I should just get the Defender again for the extra protection...

I think the Defender because I'm a clumsy idiot lol.

I think the Defender because I'm a clumsy idiot lol.

yeah I kinda am too lol...I may just return the Commuter and get the Defender just to be safe. I had a good experience with the Defender for my iPhone 5 (still looks mint condition 2.5 years later). The Defender really does protect against pretty much everything (except water damage lol).

yeah I just ordered the Defender instead I'm gonna return the Commuter. Lol I didn't want a bulky case, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I tend to sometimes just drop my phone out of nowhere (especially since I use it as my alarm clock in the morning), so I think the extra bulk is warranted. The good thing about the iPhone 6 is that, since it's smaller than the 6+, you can afford to have a bulkier case.

Exactly. The Commuter is good, but if you drop it screen/face down, I think you're sh*t outta luck. That's what the reviews on Amazon said. with the iPhone 5, I've dropped it a million times over the last 2.5 years, and nothing ever happened. So I think the Defender is the right choice, and since I got the 6, it won't be too big to fit in my pocket I don't think.

when I first got my 5...I dropped it a week later. I didn't have an Otterbox, and it got a nasty scratch. I sold it on eBay for exactly what I paid and bought a new one (I wasn't ready to have it scratched a week after getting it!!) and an Otterbox..never had an issue again!!!

I have got to be in the minority when it comes to dropping phones. I've never actually dropped a phone to the point of it breaking/shattering. My old Blackberry Bold 9000 (loved it sooo much) had a ton of scratches on the chrome but screen was perfect. iPhone's have also been fine, even though I toss it around my bag with keys and all sorts of things, I usually have some sort of back case, although I really like the gold look on my iPhone so its without a case currently ... I understand it happens, my husband has lost an iPhone, as well as breaking/shattering screen and dropping one in the sink while washing dishes (ya, it happened and he was pissed lol), but it baffles me because it's never happened to me. Hopefully I won't jinx myself now lol.

As long as you don't dent the sides, replacing the screen should be fine.

The only thing I did break/dent was an iPad, and it was just one corner. Apple store gave me a replacement for $300ish which I'm still using until the next version comes out.

Archived