What do I do??

Uncertain123

My boyfriend of a few months has been extremely distant and cold the last few days. His mother was recently diagnosed with terminal cancer and I have been giving him his space due to bad news. We were suppose to go to a concert tomorrow night and he just cancelled on me stating that he has to care for his mother. He says he sold the tickets to a co-worker. A friend of mine asked me if I still wanted to go to the concert she could get us tickets. I think she wants to see if he will show up with another girl. I feel like if I do go and find him with another girl I would be crushed. I trusted him completely until a few days ago. Any thoughts . . do I go to the concert or not?

Sure I would go to the concert but not to spy on my boyfriend. I would go because I love live music and concerts are fun, and it's a way to get out of the house while my boyfriend takes care of his mother!

Also, do you have any reason to believe he is lying about having to care for his terminally ill mom? Has he lied to you previously?

And what's up with your friend wanting to know if he shows up with another girl? What business is it of hers? She sounds like a busy body.

Why do you feel the need to go to a concert to hunt for you boyfriend with a recently diagnosed terminally ill mother?

YIKES

unless he's given you good reason to think so, I'd re-think what kind of company you keep as friends... that just screams insecurities

Why do you feel the need to go to a concert to hunt for you boyfriend with a recently diagnosed terminally ill mother?

YIKES

unless he's given you good reason to think so, I'd re-think what kind of company you keep as friends... that just screams insecurities

Good point. Did you come this suspicion on your own or is your friend influencing you?

I think the diagnosis is a seriously valid reason for a change of behavior. If he's never given to a reason to doubt him I'd steer clear of a friend who had the bright idea to stalk him.

The stalking part never even crossed my mind. I feel that if I have to go to the extent of checking up on him the relationship is over.

. . having said that it seems like you have a good head on your shoulders. Everyone has moments of insecurity and you are certainly allowed yours!

Take a deep breath and carry on. If a pattern develops then you have something to be concerned about.

Thank you! I really appreciate the good advice!!

Go to the concert or not, let your boyfriend know you're there for him, and perhaps tell your crazy friend to keep her advice to herself.

YEAH let's go to a concert to hunt for your possibly cheating boyfriend, this whole mom bit is probably a big act... it's incredible how someone with a poisoned mind can lead you far far astray, sounds like you realize this, although you still had to write and ask about it! OBVIOUSLY you'd be crushed, but there is no reason for him to be there with another girl. I'd assume your friend has been cheated on.

Archived