Guy has been flirting with me for weeks. There has been serious eye contact, compliments, light touches and pet names (his sweetie, etc.) We finally exchanged numbers last week and he has called everyday since then. I got a new phone yesterday and called to give him the number. As usual, we talked for over an hour and as always, I enjoyed the conversation.

I told him before that I get off work at 8:30pm and he usually calls around 9:30. Tonight he called the old phone at 6:30pm but did not leave a message. I returned the call on my new phone when I got home but he didn’t answer his cell and he never called me back. I find tonight strange and wanted to know what someone else thinks. He said he was single and his actions correspond to this, so I’m not sure if he was on a date, asleep or just chose to ignore me. He also knows what time I get off, so why would he call so early? Our first date is Sunday and I’m not sure if I even want to go now. Feeling kind of put off about it. What do you guys think?

It is odd, especially since you had called him on purpose to tell him you had a new number so it's nearly impossible he could have forgotten. He could have contacted you on your new number if he really intended to talk to you, and at a time he knew you would be available. I can only think he did all this to avoid talking with you, while still looking as if he tried.

When you see him next time, remind him that you no longer use the old number, and that he can delete it so he doesn't get confused again.

I still think this is too new, and you'll have a better idea as to what's in his head after you see him a few more times. Keep your eyes wide open for red flags though.

Archived