I agree with faraday -- it sucks, it feels bad, but this is a really good opportunity for you to move forward and heal.

I've been there too -- finding out the person I loved was with someone else -- and once I got over the feeling it was going to kill me, and accepted it, I was fine. The hard part is the acceptance part, which NC helps with A LOT. If you're in NC, you can't see what she's doing, hear about what she's doing, or set yourself up for any breadcrumbs, mixed signals, etc.

My ex and I work together, and he actually brought his girlfriend to work with him. Fortunately, I already knew about her, so it wasn't like that was the moment I found out, but....nevertheless, it was upsetting. They've since broken up, and I really don't care anymore. He can date whoever he likes. It isn't my business anymore. One day, you'll get to that point, too. Hang in there!

I feel sick to my stomach, but I guess it had to happen, it feels like the break up just happened all over again, no appetite and no motivation to do anything...

It will all pass i promise you ! Try has hard as you can to focus on other things and try to block her from your mind. In time you will heal, we all do !!

So you confirmed she was seeing someone new? Did you go out looking for this info? I dont want to state the obvious but it was over long ago. She was walking forward with her life and you stayed still hoping that if you dont move she would you right where she left you. Right now you have her on a pedestal, you think she was the "one" for you and you two were meant to be, she was the best youll ever get and right now you holding candles and have spotlights on her with neon signs saying this is what you lost...

Take her off of that pedestal. Its not the end of the world, you are learning that life does move on without her. This is how life happens, you either move on with life or you stay still and let everything pass you by. She didnt say you were not a worthy guy or you shouldnt be dating...You were not the one for her, you were meant to be with someone else. So quit doing laps in the pity pool and start doing things to make you happy.. man the heck up..

Archived