Sympathies to the people of Asia

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To any eNotaloners who have friends or family who have been affected by this unbelievable tragedy, you have my sincere sympathy. I am in a state of disbelief over this, the magnitude of what has happened is just mind boggling.

I am hoping that the company I work for will match any donation an employee makes to relief organizations that are helping the people deal with this. Maybe this is something some of us can likewise suggest to the companies we work for.

Comparsion to 11.09.01

Terrible, i thought 11.09 was as bad as it got.. Sadly i was so wrong

-XmF

what made 9/11 so much worse in some instances, is that it was INFLICTED onto innocent people BY other people...this tragedy was a natural disaster, & we all can appreciate fully how powerful nature's fury can be. there is no stopping it. scary, but so true.

my restaurant/bar i work at is a branch of hundreds around the world & each branch has many departments & each department has a 'Help the people suffering from the Tsunami box' for people to donate money. I gave money today. & each day i work i will encourage other workers & guests & myself to do the same. hopefully helping to make a difference. i was so pleased to see the box on top of my bar tonight. we all need to play a part in aiding those in need. maybe even consider starting a 'Tsunami box' of your own.

my heart goes out to you all. we can not even begin to fully acknowledge the amount of destruction. i saw 9/11 first hand so i can kinda understand how it feels to be walking down a street as you do everyday, so routine, so common, so normal & it all of a sudden turning into an absolute chaotic disasterous warzone. it isnt 'home' anymore, it feels more like hell..except you know its not hell b/c the majority of all those around you are so uncommonly comforting, caring & sympathetic.

sometimes it takes disasters like 9/11 & this to bring us together. as somewhat shameful as that is, its still good to know that despite all of our differences, we can ban together & share sorrow, pain & faith. no matter if we are Christian, Jewish, Buddist, white, black, brown, or yellow, we all bleed red.

-DG724

oh & i heard that some companies such as link removed, Johnson & Johnson, & Pfeifer have 'hot buttons' on their websytes where you can donate as well. Jackie Chan, kung fu actor, donated $64,000 of his own money to help aid those that lost so so much. i think more celebrities need to pitch in & help a little.

*sigh*

-DG724

I gave my 50 dollars today! HAVE YOU GIVEN TO THE RED CROSS?

And I just wanted to say this: It's an outrage the American govn't isn't donating more money. Canada has approx 1/10th the pop. and we're giving more.

But I'm not trying to offend Americans, I'm sure most would like to see all the help possible given.

It's so sad, every time you see the news, the death toll has risen.

In my thoughts and in my prayers.

IN RESPONSE TO JIMBO'S POST

we are giving long term aid to the countries hit & like 35 million dollars right off the bat, not to mention american companies are donating money as well.

CNN: "On Monday, Jan Egeland, U.N. undersecretary-general for humanitarian affairs and emergency relief, criticized the world's "rich countries," saying, in general, that the amount of foreign aid they gave was "stingy."

In response, Bush said he "felt like the person who made that statement was very misguided and ill-informed."

Mentioning the $35 million in already-pledged U.S. aid, Bush said the United States is a "very generous, kind-hearted nation, and, you know, what you're beginning to see is a typical response from America."

AND NOT THAT ITS A COMPETITION BUT I THINK ITS IMPORTANT TO KNOW ALL THE FACTS:

Canada is giving $4 million

cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2004/12/27/graham-tsunami041227.html

-DG724

I think i have a reason why tsunamis strike Asia than Europe.

Dun u think God is teaching us a lesson on giving?

If Europe were to be strike, i dun think the poor people in the middle east has much $$ to give or donate.

I remember Mother Teresa saying..

It is not the rich people who give more, it is the poor who gives more,

as they have so little to give, they usually give their all.

I read some of the stories of the survivors, they are really grateful how the natives had tried their best to give their slippers, clothings and medicine to help each other out in this tough time.

Amen!

XMF, i suppose you dont know how many times the end of the world has actually been predicted, here are a few:

- In 1843, William Miller made the first of several predictions that the world would end in only a few months.

- In 1982 the alignment of the planets was supposed to signal the beginning of the Apocalypse.

- Many fictional (and non-fictional) stories from the era of the Cold War were based on the belief that a nuclear war was inevitable, and that this would result in the destruction of all life on the planet Earth

- Nostradamus is alleged to have written a prediction that a great catastrophe would occur in July the year 1999.

- The Y2k bug was supposed to wreak havoc on computer systems and disrupt life as we know it.

As you can see, the world has not yet ended as these predictions had people believe so please do not say that this is part of the chain of events leading to the end of the world... this is a huge tragedy and right now all of those people need our help and support to get through this, NOT our religious views on why it has happened.

God must have a reason for this, maybe its the first chain in disasters leading up to earths destruction in 2006 (Written in the hebrew torah bible) Im not hebrew or christian but i believe it may well happen.... We'll just have to wait and see i guess.....

-XmF

i watched about 'Decoding the Torah' on the History channel just 2 days ago & it mentioned a giant earthquake in California hitting in 2012 major major destruction! & we will more than likely perish from a comet hitting the Earth. crazy huh the decoding process is actually mathematically & scientifically proven! facts are facts.

ps: the Torah predicted peoples death, predictied 9-11, predicted the capture of saddam hussein & even Clinton's impeachment, & the list goes on & on...unbelievable, but i believe it.

-DG724

I think i have a reason why tsunamis strike Asia than Europe.

Dun u think God is teaching us a lesson on giving?

If Europe were to be strike, i dun think the poor people in the middle east has much $$ to give or donate.

I remember Mother Teresa saying..

It is not the rich people who give more, it is the poor who gives more,

as they have so little to give, they usually give their all.

I read some of the stories of the survivors, they are really grateful how the natives had tried their best to give their slippers, clothings and medicine to help each other out in this tough time.

Amen!

well what about when America was hit by 9-11 & Pearl Harbor, & when Nagasaki & Hiroshima was destroyed back in WW II? those are very rich areas...

i think its simply faultlines in the earth.

............and possibly the world ending.

-DG724