Sympathies to the people of Asia

Think thats harsh critizing the US for little money.

I think the damage was intially underestimated. As we can see, day by day were learning more about how bad things are. Hence why the UK has upped its relief money to £50m ($96m)

The US btw has upped it share as well now to £182m ($350m). news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4138763.stmSo good on u guys as well.

Plus the general public of the world is donating, so its all good.

Im glad our countries (not just meaning UK and US but every country helping) are getting their act together and helping out generously.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it is going to end soon.

So how about partying it away ?

Haha!!

I believe there is a deeper meaning, do u realise the earthquake hit the areas which could probably hide terrorists?

Of coz i believe in faultlines and geographical plates. They exist as much as we do.

World will end the day we wont know it is coming...

It continues to rise I'm afraid. It will continue, because now there is a risk of disease and water pollution. Once again, deepest sympathies to those effected by this tragedy. Thankfully I am donating $50 from my own money, not alot but considering I am a young kid with hardly any money at all and my parents are donating $200. Deepest sympathies to those lost and those effected, we are still somewhere, wishing for the best!

Keep in mind those are only government aid figures. They don't count the thousands of private citizens and corporations who are giving generously. I think the world response has been outstanding but we have a long way to go.

Lets try to stop those fatalities from going any higher than they already are. There are millions of hungry and thirsty people that need our help.

My prayers goes with all who lost family and friends, but id just like to share my 2 cents.

as people have said that this is leading up to the end of the world, i believe that there is SOME truth to this. earlier in the year we have hurricanes, many of them, each passing in one after the other causing millions in damage in the Florida area. Before there was the case of 9/11. We are presently fighting in the current war in Iraq, where we suffer casualties daily. terrorists attacking here and attacking here, and make WMDs, which we cant find. this horrible tragedy has been layed upon our shoulders, which over 100,000 deaths. Scientists keep talking about this and about that, and how the atmosphere is getting horrible, and the economy is going to lead into a depression, and any other negative thing that i can think of. I believe that all the horrible and negative things within the few years back have a reason and have all happened for a reason. I believe that God is trying to teach us something because i believe that the people of the world are falling into a horrible image which God had never intended when he created man. God is trying to teach us something, and apparently the people of the world are too ignorant and stupid to realize it.

Thats just my 2 cents

Well said PunkPyro912, I completely agree with what you have to say...

As the polar ice caps begin to melt and ocean temperatures begin to rise. We are going to notice some significant climate changes as well as more extreme weather around the world.

Of course some natural disastisers will happen, they always do! However in the past couple of years I have personally noticed some huge changes from the time when I was 5 to now... i'm 17.

The people afffected by that Tsunami, have my thoughts and prayers. I do love to see however, this world come together with their generous aid relief and donations to help families and these countries to rebuild themselves.

For those of you who believe, god does play a significant role in what happens to the human race. He created us and, will probably one day destroy us.

We are not willing to see these warning signs, at least not the people that can make the difference. The elites of our society need to relise there is so much more to this world than diplomatic issues...

People are dieing, and although some people make that effort to help... No huge change will ever come around until the elites of the world powers notice this and make that change...

It's an ugly world out there.... It's great to see nations come together, but there is so much more to it.

Just my thoughts and opinions

I just found out that some close friends of my Uncles, who are family friends, are amoung those Canadians missing.

I hope that you all join me in praying for them. They had only phoned home to say hello 45 minutes before the tsunami, and their family knows they were on the beach when it happened.

some might think this is kinda cool. dunno whos a fan of Jacko but here's an email from Michael Jackson himself on the disaster of the tsunami.

"My family and I would like to send our prayers and heartfelt sympathy to the families, friends and loved ones of those who recently perished from the horrific earthquake and tsunami, which swept through Indonesia, Asia, India, Somalia and other countries.

Our love is also being sent to those who have miraculously survived this tragedy and to those who are so courageously on-site, helping to spearhead the relief efforts. We pray for your strength, your safety and the success of your life-saving missions of love.

Words cannot adequately express the shock, horror and grief we've felt, while watching news reports which have captured the massive devastation and despair. It has been especially painful for me, as I have visited these areas many times and I remember the love, kindness and warmth of the people I met there.

I would like to encourage all of my friends, and fans, to contribute to agencies and organizations assisting in these efforts. In times like these, we need each other... we must bond together in spirit and in service.

God Bless.

Sincerely,

Michael Jackson"

-DG724