Profile review 30 y/o F

faraday

I'm not really sure where to post this. I'm going to put up my eHarmony profile for review too- pics from my phone, profile from my computer, so I'm doing this in a few posts

Here goes nothing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkimage removedimage removedimage removed

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Faraday

Artist (paintings)

Height

5'6"

I am Neither religious nor spiritual

I attended College

Most Passionate About:

Currently, my passion is finding my completely authentic self and discovering the things that drive my happiness and make me tick as a person. So often we become stagnant because change is...scary. The unknown can be terrifying...but if we want to be happy, often times it means going into the unknown...and embracing it. I have...and life is better than I thought it ever could be I'm currently in a business/entrepreneurship course full time because I'm going to sell my art. I also mentor and provide respite for adults with delayed (mental) development. I'm fortunate to have so many opportunities for growth presented daily.

The most important thing I am looking for in a person is

My parents have been married for 33 years...and a few years ago, they had a fight that lasted for 6 months. It was rough. I asked my dad if they were going to get divorced. He looked shocked and told me he had never considered it. He said that marriage has ups and downs...and that when he married my mom, he knew he loved her enough to get them through the bad times. He said marriage isn't about today, or the next year. I'm looking for the love of my life and I hope he believes in marriage like that....because I do. It's a very Gen Y thing to have unrealistic expectations. Google "why gen y isn't happy" it's interesting.

The most influential person in my life has been

Without a doubt, my daughter. She changed my career path and cultivated new interests for me...she inspires me to become the best person I can be. I believe children are products of their environments, so I strive daily to live authentically (and following the mantra "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Points if you know who said that without looking it up) to be happy, learn new things, be active, be a part of my community, to follow my dreams...essentially to be the kind of person I want her to become.

The first thing people notice about me

I must come accross as being very non-judgmental, because I hear so many confessions and stories from random people.

3 of my best life skills are

Sparking romance

Being a gracious host

Cooking for friends/family

The last book I read and enjoyed

I just finished reading The Thirteenth Tale, which I loved. It was kind of a mystery novel... it is a story told in a non-chronological format where characters jump back and forth through time, and at the end everything comes together and you find out who you thought was the main character has actually been dead for 60 years and the person telling the story was illegitimate child that lived as a ghost.

Things I can't live without

Mountains. Standing on top of one is so humbling.

Hot bubble baths (and wine!)

Intelligent people to have debates with

Cold nights and my totally comfy bed

Apps for my iPhone. CBC

I typically spend my leisure time

I spend most of my free time with friends and family. I'm lucky to be surrounded by such inspiring, kind people. I'm part of a few different monthly cooking clubs (one of which is a dinner club themed around the show "Chopped"...it can get a bit intense! But I've made some good eats), and I love the mountains (hiking, snow shoeing and mountain cuisine/micro brews totally rock). In the summer I have a pretty awesome veggie garden, and whenever I have time alone, I tend to start projects around my house. I've done a penny backsplash in my kitchen...and gutted most of my home.

The three things which I am most thankful for

All the Cliches...my daughter, my family, my friends, my business, my education, etc...

My extremely determined nature.

The day I realised that we create our own destiny.

The one thing I wish MORE people would notice about me

I wish more cute single men would notice that I'm single!

A little more about me

I am a bit of a list maker...I plan out my time so that I can make the most of it. Punctuality and decisiveness will win you points

Yes. Thoughts would be great.

I'm looking to date professional men aged 28-40 (ish), that are open to my child, possibly having more...and have their stuff together.

Sometimes...we write a profile and don't realize how we come accross to strangers...and I just want to make sure that I'm coming accross okay. I just changed up my profile, and I'm not getting matched with many people, so I don't have a large testing pool right now.

Most Passionate About:

Currently, my passion is finding my completely authentic self and discovering the things that drive my happiness and make me tick as a person. So often we become stagnant because change is...scary. The unknown can be terrifying...but if we want to be happy, often times it means going into the unknown...and embracing it. I have...and life is better than I thought it ever could be I'm currently in a business/entrepreneurship course full time because I'm going to sell my art. I also mentor and provide respite for adults with delayed (mental) development. I'm fortunate to have so many opportunities for growth presented daily.

It reads as "I'm a work in progress." Which is fine if that's how you want it to come accross. Potential revisions would be as follows:

"I am working on expanding my comfort zone by pushing my own boundaries. Most recently that means starting up my own business."

The most important thing I am looking for in a person is

My parents have been married for 33 years...and a few years ago, they had a fight that lasted for 6 months. It was rough. I asked my dad if they were going to get divorced. He looked shocked and told me he had never considered it. He said that marriage has ups and downs...and that when he married my mom, he knew he loved her enough to get them through the bad times. He said marriage isn't about today, or the next year. I'm looking for the love of my life and I hope he believes in marriage like that....because I do. It's a very Gen Y thing to have unrealistic expectations. Google "why gen y isn't happy" it's interesting.

This is very personal. It speaks to the quality of character that you are looking for and I think it's fine minus the Gen Y plug. If you're going after Gen Xers (mid-30 and up professionals) they won't care. Consider removing that bit.

The most influential person in my life has been

Without a doubt, my daughter. She changed my career path and cultivated new interests for me...she inspires me to become the best person I can be. I believe children are products of their environments, so I strive daily to live authentically (and following the mantra "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Points if you know who said that without looking it up) to be happy, learn new things, be active, be a part of my community, to follow my dreams...essentially to be the kind of person I want her to become.

I like this also. Children are typically a generic response for parents on dating sites so it's hard to see separation here from the other profiles but it comes accross in an authentic manner.

The first thing people notice about me

I must come accross as being very non-judgmental, because I hear so many confessions and stories from random people.

I would consider rewriting it. The very mention of judgment makes my skin crawl because I recall so many dates where I was sized up before I even spoke a word. I don't have a recommendation here, just stuck on the word "judgment".

3 of my best life skills are

Sparking romance

Being a gracious host

Cooking for friends/family

So you're looking for a traditional relationship role? Where you get to cook, clean and maintain the home as well as it being your job to look sexy and take care of your man's needs? I'm not trying to be adversarial ... just giving you what this means to a single guy in your target market.

Things I can't live without

Mountains. Standing on top of one is so humbling.

Hot bubble baths (and wine!)

Intelligent people to have debates with

Cold nights and my totally comfy bed

Apps for my iPhone. CBC

These I like minus the apps for the iPhone. What happens if I own a Samsung or Blackberry?

I typically spend my leisure time

I spend most of my free time with friends and family. I'm lucky to be surrounded by such inspiring, kind people. I'm part of a few different monthly cooking clubs (one of which is a dinner club themed around the show "Chopped"...it can get a bit intense! But I've made some good eats), and I love the mountains (hiking, snow shoeing and mountain cuisine/micro brews totally rock). In the summer I have a pretty awesome veggie garden, and whenever I have time alone, I tend to start projects around my house. I've done a penny backsplash in my kitchen...and gutted most of my home.

Perfect. Enough ammunition here to see where I'd fit in your life if we got along and plenty enough to know that if I don't want to do any of those things that I shouldn't contact you. Great job!

The three things which I am most thankful for

All the Cliches...my daughter, my family, my friends, my business, my education, etc...

My extremely determined nature.

The day I realised that we create our own destiny.

You don't create destiny but you do control it. So I'd reword that last phrase as "The day that I stopped fussing with things that weren't in my power to control."

I wish more cute single men would notice that I'm single!

All of the great things said are destroyed with this. Because, just like the people who say "I'm not looking for hook ups or ONSs" this leaves me wanting to know why the others don't notice you? And while I am wondering that it's going to make me hesitate on pushing the "talk to Faraday" button. Consider leaving blank if you can't find a better alternative.

A little more about me

I am a bit of a list maker...I plan out my time so that I can make the most of it. Punctuality and decisiveness will win you points

Always loved this. Again, it's something that you wrote that I can see about you and your personality.

I don't have time to go through the whole profile right now but, in my opinion, the first picture (in the first post) doesn't do you justice...and you're a very pretty girl. I like all the other pics. The fist one just shows you to be shorter and rounder. Then again, I'm a woman..maybe men like it..lol

I don't have time to go through the whole profile right now but, in my opinion, the first picture (in the first post) doesn't do you justice...and you're a very pretty girl. I like all the other pics. The fist one just shows you to be shorter and rounder. Then again, I'm a woman..maybe men like it..lol

Really? I like that picture. Such a cutie and it shows off curves! But then, I am a woman and not the targeted audience, but I still check out women simply because they're pretty, nothing more, lol.

I feel like I am a work in progress right now....the thing is, if you asked anyone that knows me, they would tell you I have it totally together....So maybe I do need to rewrite that first blurb...to say I am starting a business, but it was a calculated, thought out plan.

I'll take out the Gen Y thing...I just thought it was interesting article...but you're right, it doesn't fit in there.

And I will take out the cute, single men thing...any suggestions for what I can put there?

Camera angle and no spanx! Ha Thank you for your honest feedback. I am curious to see if men will give feedback, but maybe I'll get a friend to take pictures of me more dressed up...unfortunately, I'm super awkward in most pictures so I end up taking 20 to find one good one...and friends don't usually have that kind of patience! haha

I'm not a man either but FWIW I would consider taking out the first (although I think it's a good picture of you) and the third pics because I'm not a fan of selfies and I wouldn't want to see pictures of someone's ex. I would also remove the one with the van.

ETA: I agree with Ms. Darcy about the pictures with your daughter. My favourite one is the one of the two of you at the beach, it's adorable.

Really? I like that picture. Such a cutie and it shows off curves! But then, I am a woman and not the targeted audience, but I still check out women simply because they're pretty, nothing more, lol.

I agree with Missmarple on this one. You are very beautiful, and that shines through in subsequent pictures. Unfortunately, you look heavier in the first pic than you do in other pictures and that's something you DO NOT want to do in online dating. If you are curvy, that's fine. But always look your best and show yourself in the best light.

I think you should remove the photos with your daughter. At most keep one. I understand you are a package deal but as long as it's clear you have a child in your profile, you don't need to display her. She's very cute though and (on the dark side) you don't want to attract dudes who are more interested in her than you.

I think you need a full body shot where you aren't wearing a coat as well. And take out the pic with the other dude. (Is that an ex?)

Sorry to sound like a guy I'm just keeping it real. No matter what, keep pic #2 in the first post. I love it!

The "ex" is my dad! he'll LOVE that though haha I have all the pics titled in profile, and it says he's my dad

I will work on better full body shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, it did look like he's an ex but I did think maybe he's someone else and maybe you're going to label that because who would post a picture of their ex on a dating site? But now that I think about it... A lot of people don't read the captioning or skim though. Might wanna delete that just in case?

Ooh take out the "easy" joke picture as well - I find it hilarious and probably is amongst your friends but any hint of "that" and you'll be attracting the wrong guy.

Lovely pictures as well! I also agree with the "Dad-not-ex" photo as well, take that out - it does look like a full family unit as it is (no room for another man in your life!)

Other than that I think it just about covers it - and I agree with the comment about you wishing more cute single guys would notice you. You have to send the message that LOTS of cute single men are after you! So much that anyone you choose to respond to should be lucky to get such a response! I don't see anything wrong with any of you personally in any of your pictures - they show you having fun, pulling faces with your little lady, shows you don't take yourself too seriously but yes, limit the selfies. It isn't a secret that "selfies" often take a while to produce the perfect one, we're not kidding anyone there. Rather your friends caught you at an unexpected (yet beautifully photogenic) moment than them imagining you taking selfies for half an hour (even if you didn't) trying to get the best angle.

Hmm it's interesting how it's perceived

I have no problems getting men to initiate communication with me...for me, it's meeting men that are serious about settling down and that are truly okay with me being a single mother. (Often times the ones that re fine with it...aren't attractive to me- they're either really good looking and dumb, or really smart and fugly)...it's finding the attractive (to me) guy that's smart, got his life together...and is down with my daughter that's a rarity. I think I use all the pics with her to weed out the less serious inquiries but maybe that's backfiring too. Out of 250ish first meets...around 80% want to continue...but I've only liked around 30 enough to warrant meeting again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep the photos of you with the curves holding the phone,the 'easy' one because its fun and the one with the coconut on the beach. Leave the ones with your child off! I know a lot of men reallly hate that women put their children's photos online ( I'm not too keen to see them myself on a dating site). If you hit it off with someone, you can always show them a private one of you and her if you feel its important.

Keep the photos of you with the curves holding the phone,the 'easy' one because its fun and the one with the coconut on the beach. Leave the ones with your child off! I know a lot of men reallly hate that women put their children's photos online ( I'm not too keen to see them myself on a dating site). If you hit it off with someone, you can always show them a private one of you and her if you feel its important.

The thing that I really like about eHarmony is that the only people who can see your profile are people who you've been matched with that you keep open. So, most mornings, I go on and close 6 out of 7 of the matches that they send me...so there really aren't that many men that can see my pictures.

I want to make it blatantly obvious that my daughter is a huge part of my life. I keep ending up dating men that say that they're cool with my daughter...but then when I can't go to Vegas for the weekend because I have my daughter....or they can't come over before 8pm because my daughter is still awake...they get upset. I'm also targeting single dads...so hopefully that will help with them understanding my responsibilities.

Okay, I edited my profile.

The one thing I am most passionate about

Homemade chocolate cake and fiasco gelato! Also, I'm currently taking an entrepreneurship course and writing a business plan...in June I'm launching my artistic furniture venture...I'm really excited about it. I'll be designing custom furniture, murals and canvas paintings...so I'm fortunate enough to be able to do what I love...every single day I also mentor (weekly) people with delayed developments...it's kind of like being a big sister. It's an amazing program and I love my "buddies."

I took out the Gen Y blurb

I'm very direct and open and for the most part, people "get" me

I'm so confused about what to do with my pictures right now lol

I want to make it blatantly obvious that my daughter is a huge part of my life. I keep ending up dating men that say that they're cool with my daughter...but then when I can't go to Vegas for the weekend because I have my daughter....or they can't come over before 8pm because my daughter is still awake...they get upset. I'm also targeting single dads...so hopefully that will help with them understanding my responsibilities.

As long as you are OK with potentially scaring off men who might actually be good partners. I know for myself I would kind feel like if I saw a guy with tons of pictures with his daughter he was actually looking for a mommy and not a wife.

Posting pics of your daughter won't detract men who want your time on a spontaneous basis.

But perhaps single dads won't mind.

Archived