Had been dating a girl for 3 months. She initially pursued me while we were hanging around mutual friends. We hit it off immediately; spent a lot of time together doing different things. We had both recently been out of serious relationships and both expressed our desires to keep it light. We continued to see each other and began meeting each others families and developing the relationship. Eventually, we got to the stage where we both acknowledged it was becoming something more serious and we recognised having stronger feelings for each other. We seemed to connect on every level and the relationship was very easy - everything seemed to fall into place nicely.

Approximately 3 weeks ago she was busy organising for a move into a new home and we spent little time together, but contineud to chat regularly. I helped her move into her new place and left her to get settled. I was beginning to notice that she was continuing to distance herself, but didnt question it since i assumed she was busy. We spent time together a few more times and continued to talk constantly. One day she messaged me to inform me her ex-fiance had come back into town and they had arragned to meet up (i assumed it was for them to return some items). She later confessed they were going to dinner and i shouldnt worry because there was nothing there. I had no issues with that and left it be. At this time I was bascially under the impression there was a decent chance they may reconcile based on their history. She messaged me the next day telling me she was confused about everything that was going on and couldnt do anything serious at this time. i accepted the fate and wished her all the best.

A couple weeks go by and we dont talk. She messages me late on a friday night wondering if I am out with my friends. I told her i was home and she suggests stopping by. She arrives, appears to have been drinking, and discusses some other matters and then beginnings crying profusely. She repeatedly tells me she made a mistake, is sorry for everything, and expresses how much she missed me and what we had. She stayed the night and I drove her home. Later that day she texts me telling me she doesnt know if going over was the right thing to do, she is still confused, but she misses the relationship we had and how safe she felt with me. I told her I had some strong feelings for her but respected her decision to sort herself out.

I have no idea what she is confused about. She claims she is not with her ex, but i assume the confusion lies somewhere between who she should pursue. Based on the short time period I am thinking the best thing to do is move on and leave her be to figure out what she wants in her life, regardless of what the outcome is. Any input on clarifying things would help immensly! Thanks!

Based on the short time period I am thinking the best thing to do is move on and leave her be to figure out what she wants in her life, regardless of what the outcome is. Any input on clarifying things would help immensly! Thanks!

Hit the nail on the head there friend. Especially if she was engaged with this guy, she needs space to figure things out and find herself again. Best of luck!

You sound like a really nice guy

You are right tho, its prob best to let her figure herself out at this point. She sounds pretty confused about what she wants and maybe she jumped into a relationship with you to quickly and didn't have time to get over her ex.

Archived