Are these breadcrumbs?

My ex texted me today. Last week I got weak and texted her how she was doing. She said fine and you? I replied also fine. Then she asked if i graduated yet, i said next week and you still working at ***? Then she replied yeah but dont know if i want to stay here i'm going crazy here. I replied 'thought you already were Then today she answered that text with 'yeah probably true but maybe i'll change my job'. I left it at that. Few hours later she texts: can i ask you something about medication? (I study medicine btw).

So are these breadcrumbs? I feel a little bad for not replying now bc it was me who started this little chitchat in an incredibly weak moment last week. So now it is kind of rude to not reply anymore,.. But then again she is not my gf anymore so I don't owe her anything. I want to reply but I think you will advise me not to. And I shouldn't have contacted her to begin with (i know, i got really really weak and know her phone number by heart).

If they dumped you, any further friendly contact from you will only translate in 2 things:

1. Bad for you, you'll get hurt, false hope, cling etc

2. They will get ego boosts, conscience ease, know that still have power over you etc

It's a lose - lose situation for YOU. Be smart and strong.

Archived