When not to respond to a text?

Redabc123

Ok Guys question,

Now I know communication through the phone shouldn't be only through text, but if someone texted you back 9 hours after you had sent them a text would you text them back?. Just a few details, this person communication has been getting weaker throughout the time we have been talking, He has been taking longer to respond and but does text or call everyday ( more text) He has also not arranged a date in 2 weeks after last date. Should I stop talking to this person since im sure someone else is occupying there time or just not respond since he texted so late the text was meaningless

It sounds like you are being blown off - especially since there hasn't been talk of another date in two weeks. I'd let it go, personally. If he wants to get in touch, he knows how to do so.

I'm not one to play games, but it's ok to let him chase a little, particularly if it looks like he is losing interest. If he doesn't pick up the chase and lets you go, you know where you stand.

Is there a memo out there somewhere that you must respond to texts instantly? If so, I missed it. He is contacting you every single day and that's actually a lot if you have just started out. A better question is have you indicated your interest in a second date? Is he not asking because the last two weeks have been crazy with holidays, family, travel, etc. so he didn't want to ask when it's chaos for most people? Don't just talk, communicate. If you want another date, mention it. If he ignores that, then it might be more safe to say that he is not interested anymore. Right now, it doesn't seem like you have enough information to conclude anything.

Is there a memo out there somewhere that you must respond to texts instantly? If so, I missed it. He is contacting you every single day and that's actually a lot if you have just started out. A better question is have you indicated your interest in a second date? Is he not asking because the last two weeks have been crazy with holidays, family, travel, etc. so he didn't want to ask when it's chaos for most people? Don't just talk, communicate. If you want another date, mention it. If he ignores that, then it might be more safe to say that he is not interested anymore. Right now, it doesn't seem like you have enough information to conclude anything.

Thank you for your response I did ask if he wanted to go the movies on Monday,first he was ok about then he said he was at his parents house, then he said he wanted to stop by, then he was tired, then he said he hadn't left his parents house. At that point I was confused I couldn't tell if he was lying. But yes I did intiate another date.

When things start to fade out as they are, I wouldn't respond to a text or message that didn't contain specific plans to get together or a specific question. The older I get, the less time I have to waste!

Amen! he did ask "what I was up to?" but I think he only asked for response not because he really cared. I figured it was dumb to respond if it took that long to reply. Was I wrong?

Why don't you just send him a text back saying "Text me when you have time to actually date me." Put a smilie emo in for good measure.

Then leave it and him alone until or if he follows through. You have zero to lose at this point and everything to gain if he's actually interested in having you as more then just one of his options.

This. My goodness when the ball gets rolling, people jump on the bandwagon fast.

I understand and respect everyone's reply, but it's the holidays and you just started talking/dating (assuming?). Communication is daily. Now it needs to be instant? And last I checked, the past two weeks included Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, as well as New Year's Eve and Day. Family time. Close friendship time.

Start to worry two weeks from now if it continues to dwindle. As well, stop chasing him in the sense that you're seemingly overanalysing things. Find out when he gets home/out of vacation mode, and set up a time then with him. If it's yet another excuse, drop him mentally and text him your own replies "when you have time..."

Archived