andronikus

I've had an on-off relationship with this girl. We live in the same town. So here's the story:

We were together on-off and lived together for about 2 years. We broke up last year in Dec and I didn't see her again until the end of September. I know she had met someone and was intimate with them, and broke up with them right when I showed up.

In September she took me back, dumped the other guy, and I gave her an engagement ring. We were intimate before her period on September 28th( She had her period September 30th, her period is about 29 days on average) and we were intimate again before the next Breakup on Oct. 12th. I used a spermicidal condom (inserted without at first, then switched to the condom about 5 seconds later. I'll admit it wasn't 100% by-the-book, sometimes I penetrate without a condom for a very short time. I go to the bathroom before/after having sex and urinate, and clean myself). I climaxed inside the condom (inside her) and it did NOT break.

On October 17 she walked out on me and handed me back my engagement ring. The last time we were intimate was Oct 12th.

We started talking and became intimate again on Dec 1st and 3rd (used a spermicial condom here too). She wanted another engagement ring, living together, etc.etc and I refused. On Dec 7th She gave me an ultimatum, I refused, and then she told me to get lost.

The following day (Sunday) she sends me a text telling me she is pregnant. She sends me a photo of a positive pregnancy test via text. We talk, I begin to wonder how this is even possible, etc.etc. I asked her how long, she said her period is 2 weeks late. She says she wants an abortion.

Today she tells me she went to an abortion clinic and did an ultrasound. I asked her how far along she was, and she said 4 weeks. She said the cost of the abortion was 400$, and asked me what she should do. I tell her she is not ready for this, and tell her to go ahead with it. I went to the bank and got the money, she came by, said a few words ("Do you have anything to say?"), grabbed the money and walked out without saying goodbye.

My questions:

1. What are the odds that she is pregnant?

2. If #1 is true, what are the odds that the child is mine?

3. What are the odds that this whole story is B.S., and she just swindled 400$ from me?

Thanks

Option #3. You do know its December. Unless you went to the clinic...I think you got taken. I know a girl who told 5 guys this story. Somehow they found out...and one of they invited her out to dinner. When she got to the restaurant... all 5 guys were at the table. She turned and walked out!

1). After that story? I doubt it, though it's certainly possible she is pregnant by SOMEONE.

2). Oct 12th, Dec 1st and 3rd sex? 2 week late period and 4 weeks pregnant? Nope. At 4 weeks, the best you can really hope to see on an ultrasound is thickened uterine lining.

3). Pretty good odds, I'd say.

Option #3. You do know its December. Unless you went to the clinic...I think you got taken. I know a girl who told 5 guys this story. Somehow they found out...and one of they invited her out to dinner. When she got to the restaurant... all 5 guys were at the table. She turned and walked out!

I did not go to the clinic with her. I'm not even sure how that works. Do they ask to speak with the father?

1). After that story? I doubt it, though it's certainly possible she is pregnant by SOMEONE.

2). Oct 12th, Dec 1st and 3rd sex? 2 week late period and 4 weeks pregnant? Nope. At 4 weeks, the best you can really hope to see on an ultrasound is thickened uterine lining.

3). Pretty good odds, I'd say.

If she had her period on the 30th of September, she would have had another one around Oct 30th.

Either:

She missed the Oct 30th one and SAID NOTHING TO ME until now, OR

She had implantation bleeding around Oct 30th and no period around the week of the 27th of November (when she started realizing she was late) OR

She became pregnant in November with someone else and is realizing it now OR

She's not pregnant at all.

At the risk of all this being true, and being taken through an emotional roller-coaster ride like this one for the next 9 months (and the kangaroo-court/child-support nonsense that will follow if its mine) I gave her the cash.

I'm seriously considering a vasectomy right now.

I'm usually a big advocate of the benefit of the doubt, but the story is way too classically screwy.

I understand why you.did what you did and just handed it over no questions asked. You panicked.

If I were you I'd do reverse image search on that pregnancy test. Bet you'll find it in Google images.

If you are certain you don't want kids. it's a viable option. But let the emotions come down some! Your emotions already cost you a bogus 400 dollars.

I'm usually a big advocate of the benefit of the doubt, but the story is way too classically screwy.

I understand why you.did what you did and just handed it over no questions asked. You panicked.

If I were you I'd do reverse image search on that pregnancy test. Bet you'll find it in Google images.

If you are certain you don't want kids. it's a viable option. But let the emotions come down some! Your emotions already cost you a bogus 400 dollars.

Its her hand, I can see the fingernails. Now whether it was HER test is another story.

At this point I don't doubt that she may be pregnant. She could easily have driven to my parents/called my mother and told her, but she hasn't done it. She had a very good relationship with my mother.

I think she's scared its not mine.

Today is the 9th. You had sex 8 and 6 days ago. Yesterday, the positive test, would make it 7 and 5. It's not your baby. She can't even get a positive pregnancy test that early.

If the October sex resulted in a pregnancy going by the last menstrual period of September 30th, she would be about 10 weeks pregnant.

Not your baby.

IMHO, $400 is money well spent to see the last of her.

Someday, I hope I have a bad relationship that it only costs $400 to get out of.

^^^ I like this POV.

I think you got swindled. You should always, always, ALWAYS go to the clinic with them if you're going to go that route. Women lie about pregnancy all the time, sadly. Guys should be skeptical.

Archived