I'm finally free, and I feel great :)

funkyfresh

So those of you who have followed my post on here, you know how pathetic I was. You've realized just how moronic I've been and my attempts at reconciliation have been absolutely futile. For those of you who don't, here's the gist of it:

She dumped me, I begged and cried for her to take me back, she said no, i went nc, she asked me to go for coffee, we met up and she was incredibly cold towards me, we went NC since then, I sent her an email telling her not to contact me unless she wanted to get back together. A couple weeks ago (6 months after the email) she asked me to meet for coffee as friends, I originally said yes, but after asking for advice here I ignored her and didn't reply back.

Well. She texted me again today. I was lying in bed and I got her text.

her: "Well, either you forgot about us, or you don't want to get coffee? O__o"

me: "Look (name), As I have said before, I'm willing to meet up and talk, but only if it's about us. I'm sorry, but I don't forsee any sort of friendship between the two of us. Goodbye"

her: "Wow. I thought you'd be over me by now. I don't even know why you'd want to date me again. But if that's the way things are going to be, then that's how it's gonna be. Bye."

I read her last text. Deleted her message from my phone, and went back to bed. I then got up, met up with some friends for lunch, hit the gym, and bought new clothes for a date tonight with a girl who really seems to like me, and I honestly really like her

If this was the old me, I would have caved in for coffee, hell, I probably would have apologized to her and told her that I wanted to meet up. Not anymore. No longer will I check my phone every hour to see if she texted me. You know why? Because I just don't give a damn. The hell with her. If she doesn't want to be with me, then why would I want to be with her? F*** that. I FINALLY understand what everyone on this site has been telling me, but I've been too ignorant to take their advice. Guys, girls, anyone going through a breakup hoping for reconciliation, let my life over the past year be a lesson in some sort of way. Maybe getting back together happens, in my case it didn't. But as I always tell myself "Nothing in life is gained without sacrifice". Words I tell myself when I hit the gym, but now, I use them for my dating life. I sacrificed my past year, hoping to get back with this girl. I cleaned up my act, lost a ton of weight, picked up new activities, dropped bad habits, and started going out more. At first I thought I was doing it for her, but now I realize that it was for me. The last year I sacrificed blood, sweat, tears, and time to "get her back" only now to realize it was for me. I've gained not only respect for myself, but the ability to feel good about getting into a new relationship again. Breakups teach you something. Whether it's good or bad, always try to see the lesson behind it. Time heals everything. It might not seem like it will, but I promise you, it does.

Well, that's my little message I thought I'd share. I've gotten so much support and (tough) love from everyone on this board, that I couldn't be the happy guy that I am now. Honestly. As soon as I saw her message to me, I deleted her number and just smiled. I NEVER thought that would happen. If not for the advice people have given to me on this forum (and the advice I've read that have been given to others), I don't know how I would have reacted to this situation. Most likely I would have gone back to bed in tears and heartache.

Thanks again everyone. Take care!

Congrats! That's awesome. Time really does heal all wounds (so cliche, I know, but it's true). And I'm a big believer that everything happens for a reason. Someday you're gonna meet a girl (and maybe you already have) that's gonna make you scratch your head and say "What the heck did I see in (the ex)?"

Congratulations. I am in the same sort of position..except both of us are going back and forth. He tries to move on and I ring, and call, and cry. When I try to move on, he does it to me. I am a sucker as well and have returned a few times now. This is the second time he has broken up with me.

Archived