Have you ever been just a booty call?

ChellyV

I certainly have been just a booty call. And to be honest, I hated every minute of it. I was about 19 when i met my first "booty call" guy..I was naive, pretty innocent, and had a huge thing for him. I kept convincing myself that he actually liked me, when i was simply the back-up option. this unhealthy, ridiculous relationship actually continued off and on for about 6 years! until i was finally fed up and cut him off this past winter. i was also a booty call for another guy during this time as well....again, i fell for his lies...he would say he loved me, than we'd hook up, and he'd ignore me for weeks and weeks....and always pop back into my life. these experiences definitely affected my self esteem in a very negative way! I continue to have bad luck with guys.

How can you tell? The person doesn't ask you a lot of questions about yourself and who you are; it's obvious that getting to know you well is not the focus. They call you late at night (classic). They don't suggest doing other things together - it's always coming over to their place or them to yours.

How to handle? In the past, it depended on the person and what I wanted from them. I've had three booty calls, and two of them I was initially interested in dating but then realized that we wouldn't work out so I kept it at booty call status and nothing more. One of them, I realized right away that it would never progress beyond friendship with occasional drunk sex, and we were both fine with that.

Yes, I would discuss my feelings with the person sometimes. Depended on how much of a "relationship" had grown between us during our time together.

Nope, I don't talk to any of my past booty calls. The one who I was actually friends with, we would be super friendly, I bet, if we saw each other. The other two, probably we'd act like we never met.

Yep, just started a thread on this a few days ago.

No ... I didn't realize at first it was a booty call. But after a few hook-ups, it dawned on me that they almost all took place a) after 10 pm, b) when we had been drinking, and c) the next day, he was very cold/distant to me.

I was very, very upset and sad and angry when I realized it, as I had duped myself into thinking it was a Thing.

I didn't discuss my feelings with the other person as I didn't see him after I realized it.

I'm not sure if we are still friends or on speaking terms. We have not been in touch since then. I imagine we will be, as we move in similar social circles.

yes I was, but he was as well for me) we were kind of FWB, does it count for a booty call?

we were friends for a very long time, when I was younger he tried to go after me, but I wasn't interested and then I had a long term BF so he let it be. when I became single again, he was single as well so we hooked up, but that first time was pretty awful, a bit awkward as well, he also had a drink and got a lot more courageous, I just let him finally have me so to say, but I wanted him too. next time was totally accepted by both of us, I knew from the beginning that he calls me just to spend a night with him, and I answered the phone and accepted his invitation for the same reason. he always knew he cant handle me as he said, in terms of satisfying me in other aspects of life. sex wasn't amazing I would say, but we were always laughing, it was easy, with no pressure. so I guess our first hook-up was a booty call, but then we just switched to FWB, because we both knew there is nothing else we can be))

How did you realize that it was indeed just a booty call?

I knew it was because we had been friends for a while and I knew he was the flirty type.

How did you handle it?

Fine. It was what I needed at the time and with a person I knew for a while and could trust.

Do you discuss your feelings with the other person?

No, there was nothing to discuss. We just continued as if nothing happened.

Do you remain friends or in speaking terms?

No, but that's because I moved town and so did he and we kinda lost each other. While we were in the same town, however, we remained friends for at least a couple years after the..incident...right up to the day I moved.

Yep and I enjoyed every minute of it. At the time that was all I was looking for. She got off, I got off and whoever didn't live there left afterwoods. On occasion if it was a real late night booty call (Friday/Sat.) there might have been a sleep over. That meant morning sex then whoever was "visiting" left.

Archived