What is this? How Do I Interpret It?

ChellyV

I recently forwarded a subtly sexual overtoned joke to a potential boyfriend.

Something like "no sex causes bad eyes". A simple joke that even I laughed when I received it.

He reacted like this..."I know youre all about clean but you realize there is a lot of sexual content in here. I might get the wrong idea. I don't think it is politically correct for me to enjoy this one".

Help, I just don't know how to react. Or if I am even over reacting right now...

That's a very uptight response (in my opinion), but at least you have a better idea of his sense of humor (or lack thereof). I would either not respond to his response and just carry on as usual or reply something like "Didn't mean to offend- my bad." and leave it at that. I would be a little turned off by his prudish response. But that's just me.

I agree he seemed uptight.

It is kind of new so I don't really know if he is a prudish kind of guy, although this email of his tells me a lot. He never flirted or say sexual things. Some times i feel like walking on eggshells, although I am not to make remarks that are sexual in nature just because.

I am not comfortable anymore....

Thank you, thank you, thank you RedDress and savignon....

Archived