Is it weird for a woman in her mid-late 20's to still be inexperienced?

yeawutever

I'm 26 and my number is 1, is this still a turn-on?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. I'm 26 and my number is 1, is this still a turn-on?

• Yes, there is no age for a woman to be inexperience
    • Not really, there is a limit even for a woman
    • Not sure...might consider or maybe not
    • Other

Though I'm not a virgin, I haven't been with anyone else except the guy (my then bf) I gave it away to long ago when I was 19. Till this day my number is still 1. I'm starting to think this is even very low for the average woman.

I even wrote about it here on:

At some point I older men in their mid-late 20's through early 30's still get turned on by this? I want honest answers (mark which ever is your answer, how you feel strongly about this) so I added a poll too.

At this moment, I still haven't really found the one.

It's out of the ordinary, but in and of itself I don't view it as an issue. I wonder why you haven't met someone in ~7 years that you wanted to be intimate with. What are your thoughts on that?

From my perspective, being with someone who isn't a crazy expert in bed isn't a problem at all. However, I wonder if you have some deeper issues that have prevented you from being/wanting to be intimate with someone.

I would think as long as you were having fun & participating then a guy wouldn't worry about it.

I also think that you should keep the information to yourself. I don't think it is necessary to tell current partners how many past partners you have had. I have never discussed my partners with anyone. If asked I say "a few"......no ones business but my own.

It's out of the ordinary, but in and of itself I don't view it as an issue. I wonder why you haven't met someone in ~7 years that you wanted to be intimate with. What are your thoughts on that?
I haven't gotten the chance to yet. In addition, I still have to finish my major (I've been in college again since mid 2011) and work is making it harder to meet someone I'm interested it. On top of that, I don't have a lot of friends and therefore don't go out too much. Till this day I'm still kind of introverted. Lastly, I don't really get hit on too much. I would if I were going to clubs or bars but that's not the type of guy I want either.
I don't think it is necessary to tell current partners how many past partners you have had. I have never discussed my partners with anyone. If asked I say "a few"......no ones business but my own.
You're right I probably should keep it to myself. I've heard that while many guys would be happy to hear this, some will still questioned what happened.

Shelly how likely is it for an older guy within my age range all the way to his early 30's to ask how many men I've been with?

Honestly I think you should keep this information to yourself. I am dealing with the inverse problem, having asked my girlfriend how many she'd been with and hearing it'd been a lot(thats what I get for asking). I dont think you should offer this information. Just make yourself available, maybe online date, or find a new social circle and just have fun meeting new people.

It all depends on the guy. I am a lot older than you, I am 51, so it could depend on the age range.

I have been asked a few times, and these same guys seem to want to go into detail about their past partners & mine. I decline to give them details, as it is personal, & I have heard stories about guys using the info against the lady at a later date. I also tell them I am not at all interested in their past sexual experiences.

Shelly how likely is it for an older guy within my age range all the way to his early 30's to ask how many men I've been with?

if you have slept with one or with a 101 , you still don't have to tell another human being , man or woman , friend or partner , how many people you have slept with ..that is an ongoing theme on here ...it is no ones business not ever ....I NEVER ask and if a man has ever asked me I tell them to go to hell ...

be confident within yourself , enjoy your body and your sex no matter what the back story is .

you can have slept with a hundred people and still be a lousy shag until you meet the right person ..its about dynamics , patience , attraction , unity ...and sleeping with a lot of people does not bring any of that ...

please don't worry about this stuff ....you are still a young woman .

I see nothing wrong with it.

Being with just one person is no big deal in my eyes.

And on the bright side, you only have one guy to compare the next to. So I would think it would be nice to know that there isn't a ton of guys that I would wonder if I compare well to.

I know that you directed that at one person, but I will answer.

I would never ask how many a woman has been with.

I wouldn't want them asking, so why would I ask?

I ask partners how many people they have been with. It's not really all that important, but I am curious to know. I don't really get jealous easily, to be honest I just want to know, how experienced are they? Are they more experienced then me? I like my man to be experienced, but if they aren't, it's really no big deal.

I voted "other," and shall try to explain in the best way I can.

I just turned 25, my number is zero...and I'm neither ashamed nor proud of it. I just don't care. When it comes to number of sex partners, I think worrying about the numbers alone can be unhealthy, whether it be virgin-shaming or s-word-shaming or whatever. There's more to your character than how much sex you had or didn't have. Being experienced or not experienced...neither of them make you "weird."

Don't think of it as being "low" or whatnot. Who is to say such a thing? Societal expectations? Media portrayals? It doesn't make you "weird" or "abnormal"; I'm sure you have your own personal reasons why you haven't found anyone. I don't believe it's a big deal at all and if any man you date finds it to be a problem then he's simply not worth your time.

• 3 weeks later...
Don't think of it as being "low" or whatnot. Who is to say such a thing? Societal expectations? Media portrayals? It doesn't make you "weird" or "abnormal"; I'm sure you have your own personal reasons why you haven't found anyone. I don't believe it's a big deal at all and if any man you date finds it to be a problem then he's simply not worth your time.
True. I wouldn't be wasting time with such loser. You're correct. I do have my reasons and it's mainly because I'm trying to finish college, haven't really met anyone worth my time yet and I'm really looking for a man that doesn't have a high number either; a man similar to me and that is so hard to find.
I don't think having multiple partners necessarily means the person is more experienced -it just means the person has had sex with more people.
Still, I want someone similar to me in that area. I can't deal with too much numbers. It's part of the reason I remain single till I find him.
Still, I want someone similar to me in that area. I can't deal with too much numbers. It's part of the reason I remain single till I find him.

I felt the same way but because of the increased risk of STDs and I didn't want someone who was comfortable having casual sex on any regular basis -if he had back in college I probably would have been ok with that. I was just pointing out that someone with many partners is not necessarily more sexually experienced than someone with one.

Are you keeping your number low because you want to find a guy similar to you or are you not interested in sex?

Guys won't bat an eyelid either way, better to have a low than a high number but don't you miss fooling around a bit? 8-)

Are you keeping your number low because you want to find a guy similar to you or are you not interested in sex?
I'm interested in sex eventually but only want it with the male counterpart of me, who shares similar views regarding this sensitive topic (the ''relationship only'' serious type man), one that hasn't slept around nor been with many hookers at bars.

I can't really deal with being only the 20th+ woman.

So yes, I want to find a man similar to me.

Archived