Have you ever thought, "I wonder if my ex is on this site too?"

I wasn't sure where to put this thread, but chose this section because it'd likely be the most awkward if realized.

Have you ever been perusing these threads and wonder, "imagine if the ex I'm talking about reconciling with, bashing or moving on without was here too?" I mean, this site isn't that difficult to find if you simply google any questions regarding relationships that you may have.

I guess the same would apply for dating questions on this site.

(full disclosure: I have done a search on screen names that I thought the ex might use in the community section, happily with no "positives," though my screen name here is nothing like other forums I use, so who knows)

yea, I have also wondered what if he googles something similar to one of my posts and happens to find one of my forums. BUT he doesn't really do that. I was always the one interested in getting answers to my questions through google. He isn't very smart. So I doubt he would take the time to read and find facts about anything other than video games and.... sports? lol

I have but I doubt it. This is ways too much self reflection for his *******. Lol

I think you hit the nail on the head. That, or at least I think he doesn't really care about me anymore. But yeah, I have wondered. Sometimes I see a thread and have a moment of panic.

If he is...hi, I guess. Haha.

Maybe the ex is, but I take comfort in the fact that enough of our stories have so much similarity to them that the chances of that are fairly slim. Even if they contacted you directly and asked if it was you they don't really have any way of knowing unless they hack your computer directly. I have wondered if others on here are dating my ex though, because the guys sound so similar.

My boyfriend, now ex, found me on here! It wasn't the greatest time in my life. I've had a name change since then and some of my threads were deleted but it wouldn't be too hard to find me. Whilst we were together he maintained he wouldn't do that but now that we no longer are .......

It's weird to hear both positives and negatives of being found on this site! I think it's an important lesson in that the things we put on the internet are never as private as we might fool ourselves into believing...but then again, our exes need to not be searching out things we post. =/

Archived