Yesterday, en route to work, I got into a minor car accident: I lost control on an unplowed road, spun out over a snow bank and almost tipped over, and ended up on the other side of the road, stuck in another bank. It was very scary, even though I was OK, and the cops had to come, and a tow truck had to pull me out (and because my AAA had JUST expired this month, much to my chagrin, I had to pay out of pocket). Then, after everyone left, I was driving home and my tire fell off the rim. I managed to get to a gas station I frequent (a Mobile Mart - so there are no mechanics or bays on site) and because they know me, they let me leave my car there so that I could take a cab home (and the cab took an hour to come because it was coming from several towns over). Later, after my boyfriend got home, we drove back so he could change my tire.

Despite that hellish morning, I went home and WORKED from there. There are six people in my office, and all of them responded to my staff email to say they hoped I was OK, to offer help if I needed, etc. Except the owner. This morning, I got in and he walked by COMPLETELY ignoring me - not even a hello (typical), much less a, "How are you? Are you OK? Glad you were able to make it in today. Thanks for working from home yesterday, despite the fact that you had just been in a car accident."

I didn't really expect it, but I feel so resentful right now. I'm just angry. And it's zapping my motivation to work.

Your boss sounds like one of those people who don't acknowledge texts either, even if it's important. It's like he's too important with other things to worry about it *rolls eyes*

I'm so glad that you're okay! Our roads are like a skating rink today, and losing control of your car is just scary. I worry about that all the time!

Your boss sounds like one of those people who don't acknowledge texts either, even if it's important. It's like he's too important with other things to worry about it *rolls eyes*

I'm so glad that you're okay! Our roads are like a skating rink today, and losing control of your car is just scary. I worry about that all the time!

Thanks! It was very scary. The cops were angry - they called the plow company right there and told them to get down there and plow immediately. By the time I passed the road on my way home via the cab, it was all clear.

Initially, I thought maybe they were just absent minded, but from your previous posts, they just seem to not have any manners. Sorry about that. It's not cultural though. They're just idiots. Hope you find a new job!!!

Thank you! They really are idiots. I think today's behavior from the owner has just flipped a switch - I have officially stopped giving a damn about this place.

That was rude of the owner. He should have been fine with you working at home for the day after you had a freaking car accident. Managers these days really need to stop acting like prison guards or something..

Right? He's only ever got his nice face on when clients or other "important" people are around.

When you're good to your employees, they will work hard for you and accept biscuits. When you're an ass and you're rude and you've got no appreciation for them, they resign, they walk out, they leave you high and dry and they spread the word! You're boss sounds like the kind of cut-throat personality that's all about his financial enterprise. That's the kind of guy that you find a better job and it's like, "In your F-ing face," you want to say but you shouldn't because you never know you might have to go back and work for him someday. But if you had the ten or twenty mil in the back you could say that and maybe turnover a chair or two on the way to the bank. But don't do all of that. Just continue to work and be a good employee until something better comes along.

Archived