he left right after....

cupcake22

I invited this guy from high school over to drink and hang out. there has been a lot of sexual tension before so we knew it was gonna happen and he was the one who initiated it. i thought it was really good, but right after he got dressed and said he needed like 10 min before we went again, the he got a phone call and then said he had to go move furniture for his mom....i really am unsure if this was just a bail excuse or what. he said it wasn't and he didn't want to leave, but that's very coincidental i think. i hope i wasn't that bad that he had to run away.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i guess for him to want it more than once

If you want to be more then a booty call then you are going to have to expect/demand more from the men you let into your life. They should have to earn the right to be with you not just get it with no effort. Build a fence around your yard, other wise any a-hole can walk all over it.

i guess for him to want it more than once

He'll be back. But it'll be whenever he feels like it, and entirely on his terms not yours. The more you give to him, without asking anything in return, the more self-important and entitled he will feel and the worse he will treat you.

What did you think was good and bad about it? Whatever you thought was bad, you can tweak in the future. No big. We all can be better in bed. From what my guy friends have told me, they don't like it when a girl just lies there or if she isn't well-groomed (hygiene); those are pretty much the only two complaints I've ever heard from the male perspective. As long as those two things aren't an issue for you, you were probably fine in the sack.

I think other posters are assuming that you want a relationship from this guy. Is that the case? Were you hurt when he left because you like him as more than an F-buddy? And if it was just an excuse, would you be willing to continue to see him?

There's lots of possibilities here, but the bottom line is you didn't like having a quick roll and him leaving right away. That's perfectly ok. I wouldn't like it either. Not even in a 'casual' situation, even though he didn't technically do anything wrong (if it's just a roll, he has no obligation to stick around and make sure your needs are all met).

So if it had gone ideally, what would you have liked? A second round - were you disappointed that didn't happen? Cuddles afterwards, or talk, even just for a bit? Let's hear exactly what you want.

Cause when you know what you want, you won't be afraid to speak up about it. Even if this is 'casual', you still have a voice and a say in how things go down.

Potential possibilities: he really did need to help her move and he fit in this time with you just barely probably being late for the other to do it. He knew he probably wouldn't be able to go for round two and rather than stick around and face the potential of 'falling flat' and being embarrassed, he cut out early. Other possibilities too...

What I would do, if you choose to get together again, is lay out what you want upfront. If he's going to be coming over, let him know beforehand what you expect (sure, I'd love for you to come over, but let's book it so there is time for us to chat a bit/have a snack before you need to go) ...or whatever.

Rule Number One: don't make mens behavior about yourself. Save yourself so much grief!

And who knows? Maybe he was telling the truth about having to go help his mother move some furniture. It would have been a bit more chivalrous of him to say "I can't come over right now ma, I'm right in the middle of someone I mean something". But I'm betting it wasn't his chivalrousness that caused you to invite him over.

I invited this guy from high school over to drink and hang out. there has been a lot of sexual tension before so we knew it was gonna happen and he was the one who initiated it. i thought it was really good, but right after he got dressed and said he needed like 10 min before we went again, the he got a phone call and then said he had to go move furniture for his mom....i really am unsure if this was just a bail excuse or what. he said it wasn't and he didn't want to leave, but that's very coincidental i think. i hope i wasn't that bad that he had to run away.

Never never never do the lets get together, have a drink and hang out...then have sex situation. It puts you in booty call territory and he treated you accordingly.

In all fairness, he was also easy sex for her with zero commitment.

True. But men agreeing to have sex has little or no value in the culture. Plus, he is not the one on the boards asking why they got played. This guy took the candy, arranged for a rescue call, then bailed. When is the last time a woman did that to you? (crickets, crickets). I thought so...

Thanks everyone, that makes me feel a little better. I was just disappointed because I didn't get to finish. Honestly I think he freaked because he is on a break with his gf and he regrets hooking up. But he did initiate and it was planned for like 3 weeks.

You mean he got off and left you hanging?

This is why these types of encounters suck...on so many levels...practical ones included. It's par for the course in casual encounters.

It was especially risky of you to choose a guy who is 'on a break' with a gf.

Thanks everyone, that makes me feel a little better. I was just disappointed because I didn't get to finish. Honestly I think he freaked because he is on a break with his gf and he regrets hooking up. But he did initiate and it was planned for like 3 weeks.

He was on a "break" he was horny, so were you. It ended up as planned. He could have at least gotten you off before he left. Sorry to say but he more than likely was looking for a hit it and quit it.

Well, at least you enjoyed it and had a good time. I hope for your sake he comes back as you seem to like him. Seems a bit awful what he did though, only 10 mins hug time and then he gets dressed and runs off. Not much of a gentleman is he? Did he wipe on the curtains on the way out?

I still feel rejected.

You were not rejected. You were used. You picked a thoughtless guy, on break from his girlfriend and decided to give him no strings sex. How could you have expected anything different than how it played out?

He was supposed to come back with roses? You really need to protect your intimacy and find a more worthy guy.

Archived