Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Why do people like to travel?

GettingBetter

• 2 weeks later...

I am 21 years young boy. I love to travel new places along with historical places. Traveling is one of the most challenging entertainments all over the world. Besides this, traveling is the source of learning. By traveling different countries, we are able to learn different things such as culture, language, eating habits etc.

traveling is a lot of fun. I just got back from a trip to London. This was the first time I had ever been overseas by myself going to a country where I didn't know anybody. I love London and would love to go back again. It is amazing to see the historical sites (castles, museums, paintings, etc) up close and in person. Also fun to immerse oneself in the culture. I have been overseas many times, mostly to Asia (to visit relatives), and usually with my mother or other friends. It's an adventure to travel alone, but it's a lot of fun.

I am hoping to go back to Europe in a year or so, and see other countries. It's not cheap though

• 3 weeks later...

I've never travelled but i want to do it really bad, we only have one Life and we live in this world, why shouldnt we explore it?

Embrace the life we have and make it the best we could, meet new people, go to new places, etc.

Sadly, to travel its needed money, one thing i dont have. Maybe when im older.

Why I love to travel?

O man, have you ever seen the Grand Canyon? You can see it on the internet or on television, but you just have to experience it. It’s five years ago that I went there and it’s just overwhelming! I was very lucky to travel 6 weeks last year through your beautiful New England states in fall. Over here in Europe, the leaves also change color but not at radiant and colorful as in New England, it’s magnificent!

I like to visit museums, cathedrals, botanic gardens, castles, waterfalls. Sure, I can see these all on internet, but it’s all about experience. You have to smell it, hear the different languages.

I like the different food, the different people, different traffic signs, you name it. It also makes you much more appreciative of home I find. But you only realize that sweet home is sweet home until you were away. I like hiking vacations. I put on my backpack and walk for 2 weeks or so. You smell the forest, you are right in between nature.

It inspires me to be away, I get new ideas, get new energy, see things from a different perspective. But it is really unexplainable why I love to travel

I like travelling because it's in my blood. My mother is from Asia and I love going back to her country and visiting the family. I also have family in the US, so for me there is always the incentive to go back and I get looked after, so it isn't even that expensive. I actually don't enjoy flying though, so if it wasn't for that I'd probably be travelling a lot more!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

travelling could be exciting (maybe)... but it never really fascinated me... the beach which is an hour's drive from my place doesn't even interest me at all...

i guess i have a different passion... also, whenever i think of the expenses, i go "nah, i'd rather buy this or that or whatever instead..." i rather would want to see my money where it's spent at, can hold it, wear it and liquidate it or probably invest in a small business... but that's me...

• 1 month later...

I had an interesting experience when I lived on the Big Island of Hawaii. A french couple, probably in their late 40's were searching for an internet connection and asked the desk clerk at a restaurant that I was exiting as to where they could find an internet connection. The closest place was quite far....in Hilo, so I suggested that they come to my house which was nearby. It was interesting. The wife could speak some English, but her husband could not. They were staying in a hostel in Hilo and were flying to Oahu the next day and were trying to book a room at the hostel in Honolulu. I never thought of using a hostel as a place to stay until I had that experience. I learned that the wife was a science teacher in France. It was a great experience to meet this couple and help them along on their journey..

chi

Archived