My Ex got me a gift, Did i over react?

So i broke up with my ex about a month ago and recently he got one of his mates to give me a thoughtful gift, just to cheer me up cause i have bot been myself, due to other things going on in my life. but when i found out it was him i snapped and called told him i had lost all respect for him and that he was keeping tabs on me and that he was a stalker. even though i knew deep down he will never stalk me and was never that kind of person. he even explained to me the whole thing after and i think he was shocked that i will even accusing of such things.

was i wrong for snapping at him like that?

Ok, if I were you I would email a simple message, something along the lines of... hey, I over-reacted the other day and for that I apologize. Please understand that this breakup is hard and I need some time without you in my life to be able to heal and move on. Thank you for the gift but for now I need to deal with this on my own.

So i broke up with my ex about a month ago and recently he got one of his mates to give me a thoughtful gift, just to cheer me up cause i have bot been myself, due to other things going on in my life. but when i found out it was him i snapped and called told him i had lost all respect for him and that he was keeping tabs on me and that he was a stalker. even though i knew deep down he will never stalk me and was never that kind of person. he even explained to me the whole thing after and i think he was shocked that i will even accusing of such things.

was i wrong for snapping at him like that?

Hmm....sounds familiar. Like the story on here of a guy here who sent his ex a gift and she accused him of stalking?

Anyway, it all depends. If this guy has hounded you and wo't leaveyou alone, i would have done what you did most likely.

If you want to apologize, you can, but in some ways, if you don't want anything to do with him,I wouldn't contact him. Heprobably sent you this gift to get a reaction or to get you to call him and it worked. If you do apologize, don't contact him again after that. he needs to respect the breakup if you don't want to be with him.

It was a definite overreaction, and definitely apologize if you are sincerely sorry for it. For what it's worth, it is understandable that you snapped at him. Breakups are hard, tempers get hot, and we act irrationally at each other. That's the breakup talking, so to speak. He might not see it that way, though.

Hmm....sounds familiar. Like the story on here of a guy here who sent his ex a gift and she accused him of stalking?

Anyway, it all depends. If this guy has hounded you and wo't leaveyou alone, i would have done what you did most likely.

If you want to apologize, you can, but in some ways, if you don't want anything to do with him,I wouldn't contact him. Heprobably sent you this gift to get a reaction or to get you to call him and it worked. If you do apologize, don't contact him again after that. he needs to respect the breakup if you don't want to be with him.

I read that before posting this, and realised that I had dont the same reaction to my ex. Seeing it from the guys perspective it's what making feel even worse cause I know my ex ment no harm just like that guy with his ex.

It was a definite overreaction, and definitely apologize if you are sincerely sorry for it. For what it's worth, it is understandable that you snapped at him. Breakups are hard, tempers get hot, and we act irrationally at each other. That's the breakup talking, so to speak. He might not see it that way, though.

He hasn't snapped at me but I'm found all the snapping. I suppose I'm more hurt than I think by the whole thing. But I have kept the gift with me it's here in my room. Does this mean anything? Like about my true feelings? It means I still have feelings cause I never threw it away

But I have kept the gift with me it's here in my room. Does this mean anything? Like about my true feelings? It means I still have feelings cause I never threw it away

It probably just means you don't hate your ex so much that you would throw away a gift he gave you with good, if misplaced, intentions...which is a positive frame of mind for you.

Archived