Me 47, Her 36........Together 5 years, we seem to have been breaking up for several months before she said she was "confused" in mid January....3 weeks LC (we foster dogs together). The limbo and being friend-zoned are taking their toll on my spirit, tonight I release her with grace and dignity and remember my buddhist tenets that all things, ALL THINGS, are temporary and transient by nature.

I'm stronger and have more wisdom now than 2007 when my wife of 20 years packed up the kids and walked away.

I stay upbeat, focused and working on my own well being. When I start to miss her, or feel like I want to contact her, I think about the things she has done to me that were hurtful and unkind, she isn't the woman I fell in love with 5 years ago, she's different and I don't love this person she's become......

46 (F) 38 (M) 2 years together, friends with benefits for awhile. Haven't seen since 10-26-12 but kept texting. I'm the dumpee (again)

I'm still hurt because I realize the whole time he was trying to string me along until something progressed with the girl he was dating. Once again he says he is confused and not sure what he wants anymore. I wonder if he tells that to her too??? I discovered I think he may be suffering from Narcissistic Personality Disorder and may not be able to ever change. This helps me a little because then I think I'm dodging a bullet. However, he isn't willing to totally let me go and thats when I relapse again.....

I love him...probably always will

25 (M), 21 (F)

3 years together

BU since a month

Did not initiate any contact after 2 days post BU. She does try to contact me (last time was last weekend with a drunk email, saying how much she cried over me while going out at 0400 in the morning)

Im the Dumpee.

Im doing good. First week was the worst, could not eat, function whatsoever. Now im starting to realize the mistakes i made and that she is not the girl i once fell in love with. I fell for her for her looks and i payed the price. Never again

21(F) 18(F) 1 year together, nearly a month since the break up, getting better after not texting her, deleting her number and blocking her on Facebook.

I'm healing slowly, going through all of the grieving steps. It hurts but I'm getting there and you will too.

29(F)29(M). We were together 3 years. We broke up because emotional incompatibility/fighting. It was just too hard. The breakup heemed and hawed but is definitely mutual. Which makes it harder because we aren't fighting about this. First breakup September 22, second unoffical breakup Oct 30, third unoffical break up Feb 5th (although we never officially got back together after September, just talking about it/trying it out)

Between the second and the third I did NC for 30 days and it helped me SO MUCH! I hope to get over this emotional/sad time quickly. I would really like to be friends with my ex right away but I don't think that's realistic. I feel pretty awful today.

He was my 6th serious boyfriend, and this is BY FAR my most difficult breakup. I knew it my gut when we were trying to get back together that it wasn't right, but my heart just ACHES for him. It's really hard because its relying willpower to end things. We're both heartbroken.

22/m, 20/F. 4 years 2 months together. 4 days since the breakup.

Dumpee

I feel broken. I am still having a hard time believing it has really happened. She never really expressed all the feeling to me that she has expressed after the BU. I never knew how bad of a boyfriend i had been. I mean. i Treated her like a princess. Just not like a partner. I still don't know how or if ill ever move on. Especially since she was my first everything.

19 (F) 22(M), 6 months together, 16 days since break up, dumpee, it's been an on and off process, but I am capable of managing myself and having have no contact since the break up. I miss him every day, and the thought of him pops up every time and minute of the day.

Archived