Why do women think you can be “just friends”?

OldGuy

K8tie,

One of my male friends in college told me this:

" I've never had a woman friend I didn't once try to have a relationship with. The only reason why we became friends is because I could not get with her." He said that that's true with all men. They're not going to just go up to a woman and want to be friends. They want the relationship, and if that can't happen they'll settle for friendship.

" I've never had a woman friend I didn't once try to have a relationship with. The only reason why we became friends is because I could not get with her." He said that that's true with all men. They're not going to just go up to a woman and want to be friends. They want the relationship, and if that can't happen they'll settle for friendship.

Hm! Verrrrry interesting! Thanks for sharing that, tosing. So I can have guy friends, but I'll have to "wear them down" first by expressing my dis-interest in them over and over. Guess that means the persistent ones will always be persistent, the mellow ones will turn into friends, and the goal-oriented ones will up and go away.