Short Men at a Disadvantage in Romance

iwishiknew

As a woman who is 5'7 ( without shoes on ) and becomes 5'9-5'10 ( with heels on ), I have to admit, that I do go for men who are taller than me. My boyfriend is only 5'9, which would be considered " short " by today's standards, but he has the face, the wit, the intelligence, the charm, the " swagger " that all women go nuts for. The height is insignificant when you have other things that clearly outshine it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You'd be amazed at how many profiles I've seen where 5'3-or-less women act insulted that a man under six feet would even think of speaking to them.

I'm not shocked.

I think they do it because they're insecure about their size, so they try to make up for it by getting a huge guy.

I'm not shocked.

I think they do it because they're insecure about their size, so they try to make up for it by getting a huge guy.

Naw I don't think so. being short is seen as being feminine and a good bit of them are quite proud of it and calls it being fun sized. I think it's that they like the feeling of having someone so much bigger since they are so small (protection?). However I am the shortest guy all of my exs and current gf have dated lol (5'7") so you can easily overcome their mentality.

I'm not shocked.

I would agree with this. No one wants to be labeled the "short couple"- at least it might in the some of the minds of these short women they dont, i see shorties with really funny looking tall guys that can barely stand right. I always guessed/joked it was some embedded program in us that prevents small women from wanting small children, so for the sake of survival, they choose a stronger bigger mate- but thats all sorts of crazy now... I have never dated a really short girl 5'2'' and under, despite the fact they really really turn me on. I always have dated someone a little bit shorter, same size, or taller.

Naw I don't think so. being short is seen as being feminine and a good bit of them are quite proud of it and calls it being fun sized. I think it's that they like the feeling of having someone so much bigger since they are so small (protection?). However I am the shortest guy all of my exs and current gf have dated lol (5'7") so you can easily overcome their mentality.

That is part of it, but alot of them see it as mating selection.

In their eyes, the bigger guy could possibly produce bigger children than she could with an average guy. That is part of it.

That is part of it, but alot of them see it as mating selection.

In their eyes, the bigger guy could possibly produce bigger children than she could with an average guy. That is part of it.

Lol although it pains me to say it but I can agree with you on that one.

That isn't exactly easy when women that height seem to want guys that are several inches taller than them to make up for their own lack of height.

I've never met any women like this. Yes, many women find it attractive when a guy is tall, but it's not a requirement.

I know plenty of men who have taller wives. There's one guy I know who can't be more than half an inch taller than me, so that'd put him at 5'3" at the most, and his wife is at least 5'7". Shame he has a wife because I'd tap that.

I've never met any women like this. Yes, many women find it attractive when a guy is tall, but it's not a requirement.

I know plenty of men who have taller wives. There's one guy I know who can't be more than half an inch taller than me, so that'd put him at 5'3" at the most, and his wife is at least 5'7". Shame he has a wife because I'd tap that.

I just see it a bit when a taller guy is out with a woman. And by taller, I mean over 6 foot.

And I see it alot on the internet.

And I am generally talking about shorter women. 5'2 and below.

I think most guys my height, which is 5'7 end up dating women around their height.

I read things by short when that simply will say that the taller the better.

I just see it a bit when a taller guy is out with a woman. And by taller, I mean over 6 foot.

And I see it alot on the internet.

And I am generally talking about shorter women. 5'2 and below.

I think most guys my height, which is 5'7 end up dating women around their height.

I read things by short when that simply will say that the taller the better.

Of course you read it on the internet. On the internet we can be as picky and idealistic as we like.

It's all about how your carry yourself and the personality.

I've had a large number of partners over the years (26 now) and even in high school I won "best personality/best smile." That's a reflection of how people outwardly saw me... no fear, full of confidence and able to communicate with anyone with a grin for all to share in.

Now the kicker, I'm 5' 4" on a good day with dress shoes.

Not going to lie, I prefer dating taller men but I have never completely rejected a shorter guy. In fact, when I was casually seeing this guy who was 6'3, I constantly had the hots for his roommate, who was only 5'5; it drove the 6'3 guy crazily insecure ironically. Confidence is very attractive, and the shorter roommate rocked that - he was so sure of who he is, what he wants, and the expectations he has for himself as well as others. I think, when it comes down to it, chemistry is the deciding factor. A woman wouldn't turn down a shorter man if there was an amazing spark and inseparable chemistry, at least for me.

Archived