ANNNNND she's back... And wants to see me tonight.

Intrigued, as if she wants to turn back time all of a sudden... I know I would go just to see what it was all about, but go with eyes wide open....

Sounds like the proverbial has hit the fan and she's scurrying back or lying or on the rebound.

Go with caution, sounds like an "interesting" minefield...

Well we split because she lost her job and started to emotionally go down hill. I tried to do everything to support her, but eventually she started to resent me for it. Eventually it felt like there was nothing left I could do and really I stopped paying attention knowing full well that the break up was on its way. There was no cheating or harsh things said or anything of that nature. She was going through her stuff and I had a bunch of * * * * on my plate at the same time. We just stopped trying I guess. We never treated each other too poorly though. Even to this day we speak extremely highly of each other.

I am going to go tonight for 2 reasons. 1) if I didn't go, I'd regret it and play the "what if" game for the rest of my life. 2) I'm just naturally curious.

But I'm going in knowing full well exactly what I've gone through to get here. I've fought tooth and nail to get my heart and head aligned again after all this and my confidence is off the charts right now. My business just got its investment money to expand, my album is almost done and (not to sound cocky), but my allure to the opposite sex has been more than apparent in resent days. Don't worry about me... Still though, I need to know.

What did she do that was so crappy - you said some personal things got in the way but did she cheat, was she abusive, took advantage of you. I am not clear why people are saying she treated you badly.

Got engaged to another man, told him about it, waited for his reaction then started crying because she still loves him. Sounds like a crappy game to me.

Well, it sounds like something that could be salvaged. Seems more like bad timing and poor conflict resolution on both your parts. To me, that's fixable.

However, she did get engaged rather quickly which screams poor decision-making based on impulse. This recent request shows that impulsive nature once again.

Honestly, I would go too because I have a curious streak in me as well. You seem to be going with your eyes wide open, so I'm sure you'll manage things just fine.

If she is, at heart, a bad person and not someone who has simply made bad choices, then don't go. But if it is the other way around then perhaps she may deserve a chance. As you say, better to go and not wonder 'what if?"

Well to those who have followed this topic, I do have an update...

I met her on Saturday night and it was interesting to say the least. She wanted to tell me that she called off the engagement. Her reason? Me. She told me all about the past year and a half without me. Every guy she's seen since we split up she broke up with because the passion wasn't there. She thought it was just the people she was dating. She said finally realized what was missing when she was doing preparations for the wedding. She told me that every time she'd see a hall or a wedding dress, she could only picture me and not her fiancee.

She told me how horrible its been without me in her life. How sorry she was for hurting me as badly as she did. She cried... a LOT. All I could do was sit with her and listen. I was completely silent, not knowing what to say at all. Finally she told me that in her heart she knows she never stopped loving me. That she knew how crazy it sounded and that she wish it would stop at times, but she knew she couldn't lie to herself anymore. And that was it. She didn't ask to try again, she didn't want a one night fling. All she wanted was for me to know how she felt about everything and that no matter what she realizes I'm the one she will always love.

I could see in her face that it was all true. This wasn't a game, or a ploy or some type of manipulation. She was completely open and honest, filled with what seemed like shame and guilt. The way she was speaking seemed like she was ready for me to explode or laugh or walk away. Like she had done the worst thing she could have possibly done and was prepared to take the consequences.

Well let me tell you friends, I was confused and shocked. I think every single emotion you could possibly have, I had in that moment. I didn't know if I should really explode and let her have it or just laugh and walk away. I could have done a lot of things. So what did I do? I picked her up off the bench she was sitting on. pulled her chin up to make sure she was looking me dead in the eye and without a word kissed her. And I mean KISSED her, straight old school Hollywood romance movie style.

I'd love to tell you that we then rode off into the sunset and lived happily ever after, but that would be a little premature of me. I'm not jumping back into any kind of commitment with her until I really feel like I can trust her again. I told her that what she told me doesn't change the past and that when it comes to a relationship between the two of us, there is a BIG pink elephant in the room (aka we have a LOT to talk about before that happens). But that doesn't change the fact that we still have so much love for each other. I told her we are going to take this beyond slowly. No commitment, no expectations and no obligations yet. If we are going to do this, it has to go back to the very basics of just the two of us spending time together and enjoying each others company. That I'm not agreeing to anything just yet, but that I am far from saying no.

And that's pretty much where the story comes to an end. It was truly the moment you wish for after a break up. And as amazing as it is, I'm not jumping for joy just yet. I don't believe that this is just some scam or rebound, but I have to be 100% sure before I give her my all again. But for her, I'm willing to try. Wish me luck...

Cheers

I think that was a sincere, genuine, loving moment. What you guys do from here on out is the hardest part. I really do hope you guys can work things out. If there is still real, genuine love between you two, then I see no point in staying apart.

I really wish you guys the best and I hope it all goes well. Please keep us updated!!!

Good, glad you went and that you transversed the "minefield" successfully, I wish you the best of luck. Keep those eyes open to any wavering from her if you do try again... I hope it does work out and just take it slowly you are now the one with the reins this time and you can control the pace. She is at your mercy and take your time, feel your way back in tot the relationship.

I hope it works out for you and I bet your are glad you went... sounds truly romantic and hopefully her really really meant what she said, it does sound like she knows what she wants after getting engaged!?

I hope you know what you want too...

Some positive new

Oh God here's another one who went all gooey inside when reading this made my day better!!! You dont usually read happy stories on this forum haha I'm really glad for you. I also dont see any reason for you guys to stay apart now, but like you said, take it slow somehow, dont put your guard all the way down, and sort of make her work for it, she needs to earn your trust back again. All in all, she seemed sincere... and that's life! It happens, we all make bad choices and can hurt others in the process, there's no need to crucify people for their mistakes, especially if you still love them. Hopefully, in time, you will be able to evaluate whether she learned and truly knows what she wants. We'll be rooting for you! Best of luck and keep us updated

Archived