Want her back, want to write a letter.

crossx

Everyone on here says letters are a bad idea. Family and friends say I should but I don't know. I know I probably shouldn't

RS was 3 years. Breakup 3.5 months ago, I've tried reaching out to her 3 times but never a response. Its been 2 months since I reached out. I believe she just feels really guilty and is easily able to cut me out.

She felt I took her for granted, and I did. But I want to apologize, let her know I'm seeking counseling, improving myself, how I feel, etc. But I think she's moved on. She doesn't even have a single picture with me on FB anymore. If I did write this letter, I'd keep it short, spray my cologne on it and put it on her windshield. What about giving her back a few things that are hers, such as a movie and whatnot?

I know this is probably helpless seeing as we are young, eachothers firsts, different universities. She holds grudges and doesn't ever let go. But thats why I figure its just whatever if I write a letter. Knowing her, I'm sure she won't want me back in the future or ever bother talking to me again. Last thing she said was to not talk to her. Gah

If you feel like you can't stop yourself, write it. BUT, and this is very important, hold off on sending it for at least 3 days. Then pick it up and re-read it and you will find that its a crock of ****. Then throw it in the bin/trash where it belongs.

I think if she has said don't talk to her then you must respect this. If she has removed pics from facebook then this is a sign that she has moved on and so will you eventually. Time really is a healer. I find that a way of moving on is to get a hobby as it keeps you distracted such as running, it clears your mind and if you have changes to make, like you are suggesting you are ie with your counseling, then exercise is a good way to start

Also DO NOt spray your scent on a letter, its screams "stalker".

If I did write this letter, I'd keep it short, spray my cologne on it and put it on her windshield.

Dude...no..

lol really, don't.

It's not only a bad idea, it screams desperation. And she did tell you not to talk to her again. Maybe you should take that at face value. Let it go. That's my philosophy now. Let it go, let her go. You are more important. After a break up, you might generally find your self-esteem a little lacking, affected by the experience and the rejection. You already tried 3 times, conserve your dignity.

I know it sucks.Once in a while my "heart" (or the irrational side of my brain) gives me crazy, humiliating suggestions: "Call him, text, see what's up, just to say hi, you miss him, just follow your heart, be happy, what if it goes wrong, doesnt matter, just be happy for an instant." But nope, not gonna do it, because I know there's nothing else left to fight for, and acting on those impulses will only exacerbate the pain. After that instant shot of happiness, the pain will be horrible. It will double: rejection and humiliation. That thought, I think, should be enough incentive for dropping this one. If she wanted to reach out, she would have responded before. If she wanted, she could contact you. But she doesnt. Let it go.

Archived