Journals

I Am the Dreaming Butterfly

Seraphim

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
What movie Vic? I watched Cloverfield Lane and had crazy dreams. It is a good movie but I should know better than to push my luck with scary movies.

The Witch. It is set in the 1600s in New England somewhere . And really it's about how an entire family is murdered overtime by a witch's familiar . Everyone is killed but the oldest daughter . And she is invited to become a witch in the end and does so . And when the killing started the mother and the siblings accused the oldest girl of being a witch .

I want to see 10 Cloverfield Ln. but I haven't seen the first one yet . Was the first one good ?

Oh I saw the trailer for the witch! Looked scary and well made.

I loved the first when it came out. And I loved this one too. Had to see it because John goodman is in it and he's great. I think why I can watch these and not get weirded out is because it deals with monsters. Monsters aren't a real fear of mine, so I can watch these as thrillers.

I doubt I can handle the witch though..or even Reverence, even though it looks very good

Yeah I don't know why I have a penchant for scary movies . No one in my whole family likes them and never has . I don't know maybe they are just a way to express the darkness that's in my mind sometimes ? I might find Cloverfield is a little disturbing because as you know I hate being trapped so being trapped in an underground bunker might weird me out too much . I recently read a news story about a woman in China who was left trapped in an elevator for a month and starved to death and basically deformed her hands trying to beat her way out . I was having weirded out flashbacks for days .

I know what you mean Vic. I've had a penchant for scary movies too. I think it's as you say, a way to express certain dark feelings and explore them in a controlled safe way.

There is a lot of time in the bunker in the movie. If that lady's story gave you flashbacks, that movie might.

I totally understand and like you I know know what I can handle and not. We just have to use our judgement and knowledge of ourselves.

The ending to Cloverfield lane is bad ass. She faces things head on and survives. I really loved that aspect of this one

Yeah I don't know what it is it's almost like I become the other person I can feel how they feel . So reading that news story truly horrified me . I don't often read the news or even watch the news just for that reason because I become very overwhelmed . I hear filtered versions through my husband . He tells me what he feels is important .

Yes I guess scary movies are a way of exploring darker feelings in a controlled way .

It's the same for me, Vic. And I limit how much exposure to the news I get too. We really do share a lot of the same when it comes to this, it's almost comforting to have someone who really understands it. Even though I know how difficult it is , adapting this way, and don't wish it on anyone, but it is still nice to know it's not just me.

There really is a comfort in knowing that one is not by themselves in this . I appreciate you too . It makes me understand that I'm not bat crap crazy. I have an injured brain due to severe child abuse and it's only capable of so much . And that is hard to say really .

It is hard to say and hard to accept. I can see how both of us have gotten to the place of accepting and owning it though. I no longer feel shame for it and that's a big deal. I'm still loveable, able to love and have so much to give, and you do too. There is so much more to us than this one part, and there is so much we can do. I'm learning to focus on that. Hugs- you are appreciated so much. You are an essential part of this board to me

It is hard to say and hard to accept. I can see how both of us have gotten to the place of accepting and owning it though. I no longer feel shame for it and that's a big deal. I'm still loveable, able to love and have so much to give, and you do too. There is so much more to us than this one part, and there is so much we can do. I'm learning to focus on that. Hugs- you are appreciated so much. You are an essential part of this board to me

Aww thank you. As you are to me .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I had a very disturbing apocalyptic dream last night due to my very stressful weekend. I had a dream that somehow we were under this woman’s control in her house , Vast numbers of people and animals . Only she threw my son out because he was autistic and she didn’t like him . And she didn’t like cats and was tormenting the cats in the house.

My son was taken in by this religious group and given food and lodging in return for work . We were not allowed to see him . I snuck over there and pleaded with them to never turn him out . That I would do anything any amount of work if they would just keep him and keep him safe .

😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

I hate when people push me past my level of endurance . Next time I am speaking up and it won’t be pretty .

Archived