Hubby and I, it turns out, don't agree on much regarding our baby.

wonderwoman76

I get that he is pretty unreasonable. I get that his family is a steam roller. My in-laws are like that and some of my mother-in-laws "accidents" with kids are questionable to me too. I have had these discussions with my husband as well. I agree that 7 weeks is far too early to stay over night with people. I seriously get all that. But I think men feel just as deeply about their children and how they are parented. I don't think that is just a " mom" thing. I have been married for 18 years almost and my son is 14 and my husband's family is a lot like your in-laws and they are now 80. I KNOW it is scary. Like your husband my husband would have screaming fits if I said something about his parents. This is why I suggest though that learning HOW to talk to each other is very useful to maintain your relationship with him and his family for the sake of your marriage and your daughter's childhood. I am glad you see though that someone might need to mediate here, someone who does not have an emotional investment.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived