Enough is Enough?

LostandUnfound

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today i made an appointment for my doctor .. but im scared .. an irrational fear of facing up to the fact that i tried to kill myself .. and thats even if i make it to the doctor .. the appointment is for tomorrow .. and as i have done in the past ill ring up and cancel if i look out 'the window' and see people about

or kids .. ill just stay in and cancel it .. but thats not even half the problem .. i know that if i make it to the doc .. ill just lie and not tell him the thruth of why ive made an appointment .. .. any advice on how i should approach this .. expedition (lack of a better word) to the doc and what i should say?

and dont feel embarassed about telling ur doctor anything. Ive shown doctors my willy, had one stick his finger up my behind, and told them about my anxiety and thoughts. I dont care, theyre paid to help me... and I know theyve already dealt with every case imaginable, we're routine for them.

thanks boreed .. the prob is actually getting to the doc .. if i look outside the window .. . ... and theres people bout ill panic and not go .. or if i do go out and i see someon eill turn around and pretend ive forgotten something and go back in pathetic i know 8( .. how do i get past that .. my 'window' that i look out of often .. as i watch everyone living there lives..... it always starts at the 'window' .. maybe not look out?

easiar said then done ;/ certain thoughts i cant stop even tho i would love (ironic whats love) to . ... and taxi's cost money . .. an dthe fact its under a mile where my doc is dosent help i can imagine the dirtys i got of the taxi's but i guess thats me overthinking stuff as i always do . .. and tommorrw is a diffrent day .. . .. i really hope i dont disappoint you and make it there . . ....

Today i made an appointment for my doctor .. but im scared .. an irrational fear of facing up to the fact that i tried to kill myself .. and thats even if i make it to the doctor .. the appointment is for tomorrow .. and as i have done in the past ill ring up and cancel if i look out 'the window' and see people about

or kids .. ill just stay in and cancel it .. but thats not even half the problem .. i know that if i make it to the doc .. ill just lie and not tell him the thruth of why ive made an appointment .. .. any advice on how i should approach this .. expedition (lack of a better word) to the doc and what i should say?

I am so proud of you!!!! You made the appointment! That is soooo awesome!! Yay!! As bored said, take a taxi from your door and to your door. I am so happy to see you Lost!

Of course brewski! Keep using these forums, the people are bery nice, supportive and helpful.

what i mean by blocking ur thoughts is to dismiss them and postpone giving them attention. It does work. Its kind of like holding ur breath. Try not to worry about tomorrow. Just go on autopilot

ive been on auto piolt for years eat watch tv sleep .. my dreaded window keeps me in touch with the world . in a way . .. but i get what ure saying and tomorrow i will update u on weather i went or not take care and have a good day/night .. *waves*

You can do it my friend you can do it!!

Hi there

You have made the appointment! That is half the battle.

Regarding the journey there:1. Maybe a walking aid as I suggested. I have a limp even with my orhtotic if the slant of the pavement is against my right foot. It is not a bad limp as it would be coming from the hip. ( mine comes from the ankle). I use a walking stick when trekking or in frost and ice as have no balance , having a wonky foot. I cant tell you the sense of comfort it brings me. Also people tend to accept a walking impediment more if one has a stick! God knows why?

2. Hum a crazy tune, the whole way like 'row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.....

Yes I have resorted to that at times, when I find things too much. I got it from the HBO series 'deadwood' - v interestingcharacters in that if you were ever interested in watching it!!

Dont think too much about the journey. Just do it. Follow Boreed's advice.

For Boreed

Regarding sending Sc.....instead of pr.......I reckon you must a sent some Love

You can do it my friend you can do it!!

Hi there

You have made the appointment! That is half the battle.

Regarding the journey there:1. Maybe a walking aid as I suggested. I have a limp even with my orhtotic if the slant of the pavement is against my right foot. It is not a bad limp as it would be coming from the hip. ( mine comes from the ankle). I use a walking stick when trekking or in frost and ice as have no balance , having a wonky foot. I cant tell you the sense of comfort it brings me. Also people tend to accept a walking impediment more if one has a stick! God knows why?

2. Hum a crazy tune, the whole way like 'row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.....

Yes I have resorted to that at times, when I find things too much. I got it from the HBO series 'deadwood' - v interestingcharacters in that if you were ever interested in watching it!!

Dont think too much about the journey. Just do it. Follow Boreed's advice.

For Boreed

Regarding sending Sc.....instead of pr.......I reckon you must a sent some Love

lol. probably, seeing as sending sc... surely couldnt really do much good. but who knows, maybe your pr... did some good!

I couldn't PM you so I'm putting it here......

I just noticed that you gave me rep. points for my one tiny little reply to your thread "enough is enough" I'd like to thank you for that. Your thread kind of hit a cord for me and I thought I'd like to tell you of a man that was in my not so distant past.

I had gone to the same high school with this guy but we graduated different years so we didn't know eachother that well. (this was 20 years ago) At some point we became facebook friends and I can't explain it but I felt an immediate draw to him. After some post interaction we started to FB chat and the more we did, the more I looked forward to it.

Long story short....I fell in love with this man through our FB chats and phone conversations. During the time I learned that he had been in a very bad car accident several years ago and when the doctors wanted to amputate....family said NO. I learned that he had a limp of some sort because of a rod in his leg to his ancle and he was insecure about it. Quite frankly...by this time...I didn't care. I liked the guy and wanted to keep things going.

BTW....We lived in different states about 1000 miles apart. We visited eachother 2 times. Both times I could have cared less about the way he walked. It didn't work out for very, very different reasons.

In the end...there are people out there that don't care about the superficial things and care more about the person inside. So glad to read the you have made another appointment with your doctor. Be open about what you are going through....have that courage to do so and be patient with yourself in the process.

Love and hope goes out to you!

Hi Lost

Well done for braving the day.

Fluoxetine is very effective at restoring any imbalance in seratonin levels and does elevate the mood. It can make you feel good; have a more positive outlook and increase energy levels.

However as with all seratonin re-uptake inhibitors - if you find it is causing you to feel even more down/suicidal - you MUST go back to the Doctor. This is rare but worth mentioning.

Also Sometimes it can make one feel so good, that one forgets to do the work on self. It is important to use the mood elevation to re-train your whole outlook on life via books, groups...etc. otherwise its just going to act as a bandaid and you will find yourself needing higher and higer doses over the years , to maintain the positive mood.

It is better to use it to do the work, then come off it - altho most people are happy with being on it for life. Its up to you .I personally have been on such a'depressants a few times over the past 15yrs for 12-18mths at a time.

You may experience side effects the first 2wks - some people do not. These wear off. If you find them too much it is better to start on half a tablet daily for the first 2wks. If you have been given capsules I'm sure your p'cist would swap caps for tabs ( can be halved) - if needed.

As mentioned it can take 3wks for full therapautic effect to be felt - but some people including myself find it takes less than this!

Once you feel up to it - I think the next step is to find a good therapist . As mentioned by the Lovely CatCountry - over the phone may suit you better. It is so important to find the right one for you.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Stay in touch X cd

Lost!!! Thats so amazing!!! Wow im so proud of you for going to the doctor, thats flippin awesome! I haven't been on for a few days and was thinking about ya so I came on to check.

I liked Boored's advice in saying, just block it out and robot out like nothing, dont think of anything, just DO(act) until you get home. I had severe anxiety as well, and i know the feeling of looking out the window and painful dreading and hopelessness of dealing with the outside, i didnt want to leave the house. I'm glad the doctor changed your meds, it sounds like a great med, and im praying it does what it should for you, that way you can fight out of this depression and be happy. You so deserve it!

Archived