Are Men Really Suckers For A Pretty Face?

WhenWillILove

This is mostly for the men, but women, go ahead!

Men, when you see a Megan Fox walk down the street, and if you're single, do you give her a thought?

Anyway, to make a long story short, I think a lot of men, when in the presence of a beautiful woman aka Megan Fox, Adriana Lima, become suckered in and overlook many aspects.

So if she doesn't have a stable job, but she's a hottie, he'll pay through most of the dates.

One instance that I personally know- She's very pretty, very nice body, but she's got no job and if she will get one, it's for minimum wage. Him, on the other hand, is a lawyer and he pays 100% of everything. I mean, everything. He even got her a brand new car. Pays for vacations, everything.

I won't exclude myself from the equation though I don't necessarily think I'm a Megan Fox. But, my boyfriend pays for everything. Although I am a poor student, and I've only given him tiny little gifts here and there. But if I did have even a 40k rolling in, I'd sure as hell treat him to dinner. But for now, it's been massages, hahaha.

Anyway, men, suckers for a pretty face?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually, teenage boys or college guys fall for "Look obsession". Though later when you find out that many "pretty" girls have personality flaws, there's no way any sane guy would put up with their rudeness just because they look pretty/give special treatment.

Guys that fall for women and do crazy things for them based on their looks haven't reached being a mature man yet (in my strong opinion) and make the rest of us look bad (or good?)

Usually, teenage boys or college guys fall for "Look obsession". Though later when you find out that many "pretty" girls have personality flaws, there's no way any sane guy would put up with their rudeness just because they look pretty/give special treatment.

Guys that fall for women and do crazy things for them based on their looks haven't reached being a mature man yet (in my strong opinion)

Eh, not all of them are like that. You're just discriminating now!

In all seriousness I think all people like looking at attractive people, and some people are definitely more attractive than others.

I think in the past, men could get away with falling for the pretty girl without much substance since people had such low expectations of women. These days, I think people of both genders are expected to have it--looks, success and intellect. These days, I really think the most you could say is that some people put a premium on physical appearance, but rarely is that the defining criteria for any relationship. I know I expect my partners to be attractive to me!

That's why I said many

And maybe I am. To me, I'd buy a girl things regardless of how she looks. The whole "I want to do this for you because you look pretty" is just... weak sounding/shallow lol. Give her a gift because she makes you feel good or something based on her personality I say. Yes. I am discriminating because that is just offensive childish to me lol. However, I in no way meant to generalize. To each their own

Most of the men will always be attracted for looks (face and body) first, thats just how we are wired.

Same thing as most of women will be attracted to behavior of a man

Yes, at first, but it is not the ONLY thing that holds a relationship together. One would hope personality and values comes in there somewhere.

There will be some attraction due to looks and all. But not many will proceed if there is no substance beyond looks. Also, if she has great personality but doesn't have a full-time job; I don't think so that will be major red flag. After all, in our society males are responsible for financial well-being of the family.

I can only speak for myself but if I've just met a women so I'm normally attracted to her at the primitive level (first to her face and then her body). Now what keeps me attracted and what continues to then grow my attraction toward her is her personality. An immature guy or a younger guy will most likely only notice the first part of what I said and disconsider what her personality is.

Yes, at first, but it is not the ONLY thing that holds a relationship together. One would hope personality and values comes in there somewhere.

Fair enough, at at the initial attraction stage a men will almost always attract to girls with good looks first

Attractive is also so subjective. What is attractive to one person is not always to someone else. Hot also fades with age so to depend on beauty is a mistake.

Ohh come on get real....find me a person that will honestly in his heart think Adriana Lima is ugly lol(just an example).There are universal features that are considered beautiful by all

I find a lot of men like the "damsel in distress" type. We have entered into unusual times-- women make more than men, there are more women in medical school etc. A pretty girl with a minimum wage job is all that some men want. They can be in control and be the big spenders....feel like a man.

Its sad but true...If there was an ugly woman who was super successful- say doctor or lawyer-ugly, but keep in mind what society considers ugly, more often than not most men would find a hottie, playboy bunny type with no job, more desirable.

If I was a guy, I would date the unattractive woman hands down.

Oh and check out some before and after photos of Megan Fox....she is the product of a well used surgical knife- beautiful yes, but manufactured.

Ohh come on get real....find me a person that will honestly in his heart think Adriana Lima is ugly lol(just an example).There are universal features that are considered beautiful by all

Not necessarily. Not all men like brunettes, not all men like blondes not all men like dark eyes, lights eyes, you get the picture. Not everyone here is from North America or even Europe so what is "beautiful" is subjective. Not all men have their brain melted by a pretty face.

I'd say that while there's some common things (lookswise) guys find "attractive" there's a pretty broad spectrum between their ideals of "beautiful." Some guys find the "girl next door" freshness breathtaking - others like a more exotic look when they're thinking of outer beauty. "Attractive" in appearance is usually more dependent on a balance of the features than any one "look," but just like girls, guys are going to have a preference when deciding they're strongly attracted.

Looks help - but charisma, that indefinable characteristic, matters a lot more in the long run. There are plenty of guys and girls who might not draw a second glance in a picture - but in person, they can wow you.

BTW, I *hardly* think Megan Fox should be seen as "someone who has it all." She's beautiful but have you ever heard her open her mouth? She's about as dumb as a sack of bricks.

Of course guys like attractive girls, and girls like attractive guys! That does without saying. In terms of staying power and healthy relationships? Looks aren't everything. And even when it comes to looks, guys have different preferences. It's really not "one size fits all".

one of the most "conventionally" beautiful people I know....she has a flawless face, very very very slim, and she can't find a boyfriend to save her life. She is bat nuts crazy. Guys will initially flirt and talk to her and then realise that she's nuts and take off. Those who try a relationship usually do it for about a week and take off. She's a total biatch though. She told me "You're uglier than I am, how do you have these really nice boyfriends?" I told her it was because I was attractive to THEM and I wasn't psycho like she was.

In terms of a long term partner, looks alone won't get you far. If you don't have the success/intellect/personality, you won't be able to support a decent lifestyle an your partner will likely not be able to feel connected with you or get bored.

I'd better be careful how I say this.

MANY men are very much suckers for a knockout beautiful face and body and will do MUCH more for that type of woman than a regular girl. You witness that all day in public if you pay the least bit of attention to people.

But you find out in the end, like Demi Moore just did and expressed on her Twitter page, "remember.....you've got your own back"

In the song Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend, "and we all lose our charms in the end."

And a few years ago Cher told us, "Sooner or later we all sleep alone."

Enjoy it while it lasts because it's a phase that will fade away in time.

Archived