5 Year Anniversary Coming Up, Need Gift/Activity Ideas

InvisibleWound

September 23rd will be 5 years that I have been with my boyfriend. We both have scheduled this day off from work, he already has plans. So I figured I could do something the day before.

We don't have a lot of money and are not going all out. Currently he suggested dinner and a movie. I was thinking what I could is maybe a picnic the day before, for it doesn't interfere with his plans. I have a huge basket and could make most of the food and buy some snacks and something to drink. I was considering driving him to the beach by my parents place and we could have a picnic there then go for a walk or swim if the tide is in.

The only other ideas I have is sex and dinner at home. I think the picnic would be nice though

My real issue though is deciding what to buy him. Hes so hard to shop for. I was looking online for gift ideas and one was for a dirty joke book. He doesn't read a lot but he likes comedic stuff, so it seemed like a good idea. I also thought of putting together just a gift bag with some movies, and his favorite candy M&Ms. I also considered getting him boxers since he really needs a few new pairs.

I am just having a lot of trouble deciding. I was trying to think of something homemade but I wouldn't know what to do other then a card.

Anyhow if anyone wants to give me some activity and gift ideas that would be great! Just to have more ideas would help

Although no one has responded to this thread I see it got views so I just came up with another idea for a gift. I want to put together a scrapbook. However there is only 1 picture of us I could use. We don't take pictures together, like ever... However I found some old notes he gave me, some stuff from when we played D&D, and I am going to try and find ticket stubs from movies.

I acctually did an outline on notepad of what I wanted on the pages. It just will be a matter of getting a scrapbook and buying a few cheap supplies. If it is not ready by our anniversary then I will give it to him for his birthday, since his birthday is like basiclly a week after our anniversary.

Anyways on the first page I was going to write a love letter. I have wrote him a love letter before but I was going to write a nice one and decorate it.

Second page was going to be about our first night together. We were not dating yet but I had gotten soaked from the rain, he invited me back to his place and made me supper, dried my laundry and let me wear a pair of his pajamas and take a shower. Nobody wears the pajams so I was going to cut a piece of the fabric to put in the book.

um the 3rd page... I was gonna print a map or get one of our town and put hearts on the places with happy memories weather it be the theatre, a resturant, etc

The 4th page was going to be about our first Christmas together. That one is super important not just because it was our first Christmas but because we tried so hard to make it special for one and other.

On the 5th page I was going to decorate it and just put 10 or 20 reasons why I love him. More if I can think of some.

6th page. I was going to put the notes and stuff he gave me and write about how happy it made me and ticket stubs, etc.

So far that is all I got.... I am not to sure what else to add.

Does he have any hobbies? interests? has he mentioned anything lately that he would like to have?

If you don't want to spend any money a coupon book might be a good idea, with coupons for free massage, breakfast in bed, bubble bath etc.. (you get the idea) I think the picnic is a really good idea, instead of dinner can't you do an indoor picnic? in the living room, with music, candle light etc... and maybe prepare a bubble bath for after. hope that helps

Does he have any hobbies? interests? has he mentioned anything lately that he would like to have?

If you don't want to spend any money a coupon book might be a good idea, with coupons for free massage, breakfast in bed, bubble bath etc.. (you get the idea) I think the picnic is a really good idea, instead of dinner can't you do an indoor picnic? in the living room, with music, candle light etc... and maybe prepare a bubble bath for after. hope that helps

Well I don't mind spending some money. I have seen the coupon book idea online, I want to do that but I keep thinking it will sit and collect dust.

We could do a picnic in the living room but we do have a roomate so it wont seem romanticish... And we have not done much this summer so heading to the beach seemed like a great idea to get out of the house and such. His biggest interest is video games, but he owns quite a few games, so it will be a hard situation trying to get him a new game.

Archived