Confession: I can't cope with my baby anymore

Hello Belladonna, I realise you posted in 2011 about not coping with your baby, but I googled the subject as I am feeling exactly the same. How did you cope in the end? My whole body is aching, malnourished and my relationship with my husband is really deteriorating because neither of us have any patience left. I hope you pulled through ok.

The original poster of this thread, BellaStranger, has not returned. I had replied to her thread and I too, had a very difficult time when my son was a newborn. He will be 7 years old soon. The only thing that got me through it during those tough times was seeking help from family members and I also went on medication for a year.

Poppyroch, have you told your doctor about how awful you are feeling these days? How old is your baby?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and my wife just had a baby, as a matter of fact, he just turned 2 months today (two months and a day if you read this tomorrow, which is tomorrow in the UK), he is not a cry baby unless its a call for his needs, which are eating, changing, and sleep, he does have reflux and we are managing very well, after changing his formula few times he seems to be doing great, my wife is returning to work in few days and i decided to stay home and watch him and only work two days a week ( weekend) i just don`t like the idea of having someone else watching and taking care of him, well i just want you to know that waking up 3 times a night to eat is very normal, and you need to burp your baby and keep him elevated/angeled after feed and don`t put him on bed right away, we do turns on feeding him, but lately i been feeding him at2or3 and around 6 or7, i help my wife as much as i can ( its kinda hard now since i am fasting all day).

Ask for help and accept help when it's offered and try to get out as much as possible, with your husband/boyfriend, go see a movie or have a workout session or watch some of your favorite Tv shows, as your significant other for help, time goes by fast and you baby will be old enough to sleep all night,, be patient, it will pay off, good luck

Archived