New girl, It's your move.....

I'm back!

Situation: broke up with ex of four years in Jan 04

Now, had my eyes on this new girl for about 2 years at my work and last night we kissed - very out of the blue but suffice to say I'm pretty happy.

So what's the next move? We have exchanged a few texts and she had only just split up with her BF last week so yes, I'm probably the rebound! Anyways, I casually suggested we go out sometime and this seems to have killed the conversation. I don't want to rush in all guns blazing but i have waited so long for this you can't believe. I'm not sure what the next step to take is - the ball really is in her court but....I don't know....any suggestions!!!???

Sit tight. Give her time to respond. If she doesn't, then don't think about anything this week. You rush in, you'll blow it.

Adopt the attitude that she will come to you, and if you see her look at her that way, like you just know she will want you. But other than your body language, just be nice. If nothing changes by next Wed., then it's time to make a move.

Move 1, just go talk to her. No rush. If the conversation happens before, so be it, but don't look for it. Ask her mundane questions at first. How are you? etc. Then have ready a topic you know she likes. Ask her something about what she is interested in. If she likes bluegrass music, learn aboutnit this week and ask her something. If her interest is reading true crime novels, read one and then ask about her favorites. Pick her interest and talk about it. It will make her feel good about you.

When you talk to her, use eye contact. Look at her face the entire time she speaks. When she is finishing saying what she is saying, mkae sure your eyes are on hers. Let her finish, keep your eyes right there for another moment, and then you can tlak and move them.

Pay attention to her body language. If it gets positive, flirt a bit, but let her lead the way with her body language.

This should get her to change her mood.